PDA

View Full Version : Safety 1st Hand held TV/Video Monitor: any feedback on this item?

martusia17
07-18-2001, 06:59 PM
I just registered for this pricey item ($199); we thought it looked intriguing, being that it's hand held and in color! Has anyone bought it? Any feedback would be appreciated. :)

jtemberson
07-25-2001, 11:25 PM
I posted about this product previously but since I hated it so much I'll post again.....this hunk of junk is not worth the money!!!! you are much better off with an audio monitor. We lost reception in both audio and video after ten minutes. I returned it thinking it was a defect but the thing is just horribly made. Even if the video did work after 10 min the pic is grainy and you can't tell what is going on anyway other than there is a small bundle lying in a crib.
Believe me I was gong ho on a video montior as we are on separate floors from our baby but I rested much easier after I got the audio monitor. If you get a good audio monitor you will be able to hear your baby breathing (really!). I would look into FP model with rechargeable batteries.

AshbysMom
07-26-2001, 08:39 AM
My husband bought it, thinking it would be great to see our son as well as hear. Well, we can see him okay, but can't hear him at all. The reception on the handheld is HORRIBLE!!! You get terrible feedback and can't hear the baby breathing at all. I ended up getting another sound and lights monitor which I LOVE - WONDERFUL reception - I can hear every peep if I want to. And I don't get that awful static. Do NOT waste your money - this thing is NOT worth it!