PDA

View Full Version : portable booster seats

pabick
07-22-2001, 05:29 PM
I was registering at BRU today. While looking at high chairs I came across portable booster seats. They strap on to a regular chair but are indicated for newborn to 3 yrs. They recline, have a tray that fits on as the child gets older then can be used without tray as a regular booster seat. Has anyone had any experience with these. Can they be used instead of a high chair for infants?

mom@home
07-23-2001, 07:06 AM
I have the First Years 3-in-1 reclining booster seat and I love it. I am currently using it for my 5 1/2 month-old daughter in our small apartment as a highchair until we move into our new house next month (yeah!) and have more room for a highchair. I definitely think if you are on a tight budget or are trying to save space, this $30 seat is a good investment. The drawbacks - this seat has a wide base and needs to be used on a good-sized kitchen chair - it cannot be used on a folding chair. Also, while the seat is padded, it is a cloth pad that needs to be machine-washed - it can't just be spunged down. I would still recomend this seat.