PDA

View Full Version : Evenflow bouncy chair--terrible!

cak
07-25-2001, 11:04 AM
I had received a simple Fisher Price bouncy chair early in my pregnancy however I really wanted one that had a toy bar and canopy so I registered later for a much more expensive Evenflow Osh Kosh B'Gosh chair. I have been horribly disappointed in it. The seating area is completely flat, with no curvature so when my daughter was a newborn, she could not use it at all. It also was far too inclined for a newborn. Now that she's 12 weeks and can support her head better, I thought she could use it however I discovered today that even just a little movement from her causes her to fall to the side, dangerously leaning over the inadequate straps. I was fortunately just a few feet away when it happened so I could catch her. This item is a complete waste of money in my opinion and I plan on throwing it away so I'm never tempted to use it again. The cheaper Fisher Price chair has been wonderful and I'm sure to miss it when she grows too big for it.

E&E
07-25-2001, 08:55 PM
I could not agree more. When I was pregnant I registered for this seat because I thought it was designed well and had good features. Well, I didn't get it at my shower so we plopped down the $45 for it. I hated it. It was one of my worst purchases. I think my daughter used it 2-3 times tops. As you said, it is not designed propperly for a newborn and then when she was bigger, she was over the weight limmit and it rocked dangerously. I hate this thing! :(

barblmoon
07-25-2001, 09:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-01 AT 08:48PM (Mountain)[p]I totally agree! I spent $45 on it and my child sat in it a handful of times as an infant. It was too flat and didn't bounce. It was a little better when he got heavier (he was a big kid too), but still didn't bounce. I went out and bought the cheaper fisher price one and he just loved it. Unfortunately, I threw out the box so I couldn't return it and would hate to pass it on to anyone else.

nswenson
07-26-2001, 09:00 AM
I am totally with you on this one! I have an earlier model than I think you are talking about, but it is by Evenflo and has the toy bar. I've had to catch my baby twice before her head hit the table when she flopped over in this thing. I will probably end up throwing it away because I would feel guilty selling it in a garage sale to anyone. The only time I use it now is when I'm sitting right next to her or feeding her cereal, but you can't turn your back on them at all when they are in it. I have friends who love their Fisher Price seats, and I'm wishing I had one but my baby will be too big for one soon anyway. How can we get this thing recalled?!?

swmc
08-08-2001, 12:58 PM
Same problem here. Has anyone called Evenflo on this? Have the Fields looked into this? This is a dangerous item.

alandenisefields
09-27-2001, 02:48 PM
Hi folk. We will look into this. But we encourage any parent who thinks a product is dangerous to report it ASAP to the CPSC (www.cpsc.gov). They have an online complaint form. The more reports they get, the sooner they can take action.

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS