PDA

View Full Version : Registry

newmamma
08-26-2001, 09:19 AM
Hello! I am six months pregnant and I am in the process of registering for stuff! I have the Baby Bargains book which has been so helpful. I was wondering if anyone knows of a website where I can find a reality registry list I can work from off of. Each store has their own list which I am sure is biased to their store. Thanks!

1sttimemom
01-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't find one of these- babycenter.com might have one, but every one is different because babies needs are different and parents have different likes/dislikes. (this is what everyone told me when I asked and I was frustrated at the time.) We ended up receiving more clothes than our daughter could wear before she grew out of them, so I wouldn't bother to register- people will buy what they want for clothes anyway! If you know a lot of people will use the registry you may want to register for the things you'll want on hand like baby bath, wipes, diapers, pacifiers, and thermometers. I was lucky to have groups of people buy all the big ticket items like car seats, pack n play, swing, etc. But don't be surprised if after you research and register, you receive gifts that aren't the pattern or brand you wanted. BRU is great about giving credits for things without receipts as long as they carry it.

wen
01-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Do you know any friends/coworkers who are pregnant? I knew several, and they had all registered at Babies R Us, so I just went online and looked at their registries to get ideas for what to register for. It worked really well.

klmnyc
01-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Invariably, you'll wind up with items that you really don't need, and need other things that you hadn't even thought of. My recommendation is to register somewhere that you can add and delete items online, such as BRU. The weeks after my daughter was born, I wound up changing my registery around 180 degrees!
PS: The one thing I never had enough of - thank you cards!