PDA

View Full Version : Unscented Baby Wash?

lbess
08-30-2001, 11:37 AM
I'm looking for an unscented baby wash, but the closest I've found so far is "lightly scented." Can anyone suggest a brand and/or a store?

bjessen
08-31-2001, 02:54 AM
I too had a hard time finding one. Rather than spend a lot for a overpriced unscented baby wash, my pediatrician suggested I use Dove unscented liquid soap (or Neutrogena, but I already use unscented Dove for my own skin). Downside, you have to be more careful not to get in baby's eyes. I used that for several months, but recently tried Gerber's wash at a suggestion of a friend. It is lightly scented, but hasn't irrated my dd's supersensitive skin like Johnson's did. Plus, I can use the no tear formula now...yea! Good luck!

sunnymom
09-10-2001, 08:44 PM
We use Cetephil. Our demertologist recommended it for my first child who had dry skin and we continued with it for my second. The only downside is that is it is expensive and it doesn't have that "lather" effect so you end up using more than you really need.

Jackie
09-12-2001, 11:39 AM
Aveeno makes an excellent baby wash that is not scented. It is a rinseable/non rinseable formulation and has sort of a white creamy lotion feel. I use it on my baby and his skin is much better than it was with scented wash. Aveeno also makes a lightly scented was. I use this on my baby's hair only. It is a great combination.

shandrin
09-12-2001, 07:43 PM
I have had great luck with dove's baby wash, mild and safe for their eyes.

:-)

daisy1234
10-21-2001, 12:03 PM
I use Cetephil for myself and Walmart just came out with a generic at half the price...you may want to look into it. Same size bottle was less than $4! Same ingredients! Good luck!

Shuezs
11-05-2001, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! It took 2 stores, but I finally found Aveeno -- both the creamy wash and the unscented lotion and they are great! My son had a terrible rash from one ear over the forehead and down to the other ear and in one week it has cleared up to an amazing extent! Thanks for the suggestion.

cak
11-05-2001, 12:37 PM
My ped recommended the Dove Baby Wash after my daughter had a bad diaper rash but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know what stores sell it?

BJMoe
12-20-2001, 04:42 PM
I have Paula's book for adult skin care and make-up and saw she had this info about baby products on her website. I printed it up, and probably won't use it word for word, since I'm bound to get some products as gifts that I will want to try, but it may come in handy.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/babyskin/indexframe3.htm

webma
12-22-2001, 03:08 PM
The pediatrican suggested Eucerin for my baby and it's worked well. I agree that it doesn't lather as well so I tend to use it for the areas that were getting very irritated with the baby wash (neck and back of legs) and a little baby wash elsewhere.

mpitman
01-30-2002, 11:11 AM
Johnson & Johnson also makes a lotion(unscented) and a shampoo that are "free"/hypo-allergenic.

tilly2321
02-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Hello! I also have heard good things about Dove baby body wash. Has anyone found it online or in stores? Please share your sources! Thanks!
Elaine

tilly2321
02-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Dove baby wash is only available in Canada at this time. I called Dove directly and they told me it would have to purchased there. I am thinking maybe some places online could have it. If anyone finds this or lives in Canada and is willing to help those of us in the U.S. obtain it, please let me know!
Thanks!
Elaine

egoldber
02-12-2002, 03:13 PM
Johnson&Johnson does make both unscented baby bath and shampoo. You usually have to go to like a BabiesRUs type store to find it.

FYI, J&J also owns the Aveeno and Neutragena brand product lines. If using Neutragena, remember that those products come in both scented and unscented varieties. A product can be scented and still labeled "hypo-allergenic", which as far as I can tell is a meaningless product description with only marketing usage!

$.02 from a J&J employee,