PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Easy Comfort high chair - opinions?

cynnerp
10-17-2001, 10:06 AM
We purchased the Evenflo Easy Comfort high chair last night. We were looking for a high chair with a vinyl seat and wheels, but without the Prima Pappa or Chicco Mama price.

Has anyone had a problem with the Evenflo tray being too far away from baby when eating? It seems like his lap would be a mess after meals. Any comments would be appreciated.

GrahamGal
10-20-2001, 10:38 AM
I was all excited about this chair when we saw it, until we compared the trays. You are right, the tray is a LONG way from the seat back and I figured like you did, that food would just end up on her lap. We found a Perego chair on Dmart.com for $120, no tax and no shipping charges. If I remember correctly, the Easy Comfort is almost $100?

littlemomma
11-14-2001, 01:03 PM
I have this same chair and like it after having problems w/ the Peg Perego and the Chico mama. The Peg wheels wouldn't manuever on my hardwood floors (I posted on this topic months ago). The Chico was okay except I didn't like that the tray wouldn't lay flat on the counter. As far as the Evenflo is concerned, I haven't had a problem b/c we rigged a solution to the lap/tray distance. When my son was about 8 months old, he'd start lifting his bib to cover his face making feeding even messier. I had bought him the plastic Xlarge bibs that his arms slip into (almost like a shirt) and they have a pocket at the bottom. I simply open the bottom pocket flap and tuck it under the plastic separator below the mini tray. So any food that falls on his bib slides down into the pocket. Whereas before, the pocket used to stay shut and the food would just spill right off onto his clothes. I bought the mickey mouse bibs at Toys R Us but I have also seen the same kind at Walmart w/ Blues Clues on them. I hope this helps.

littlemomma
11-14-2001, 01:05 PM
I forgot to add this . . . I think it is a lot easier to slip off the vinyl chair cover off for cleaning on the evenflo than the peg or chico. just my 2 cents worth . . .