PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Soothing Rocker 40% off at JC Penny's

bjessen
10-18-2001, 12:56 AM
Just wanted to let anyone who might be in the market for this rocker that I just picked up last years model for $25 (after CA tax) at JC Penny's in Escondido, CA.

It was out next to the new model and they were both priced at $39.99. I told the clerk that they should mark down last years model since it doesn't have the new toy bar. I left my number and said to give me a call if their manager agreed. The manager called and offered to take 15% off in addition to the 25% sale they have going on through Saturday. So, I got it for 40% off. Learned it never hurts to ask.

The only two things different with last years model from this years is last years has a blue pattern and no toy bar. My daughter is over 7 months, so the toy bar would have a limited life anyway. I got it since she has long outgrown her bouncy seat, but I would like a chair for her to sit in while watching videos (or while I'm showering). This chair looks as if it will last a long time since it has a max weight of 40 pds.

Anyway, they had plenty left, so if you need a bouncer/rocker, you may want to try your local JC Penny's before there sale ends Saturday and haggle the price.

jenfed
10-22-2001, 09:23 AM
I just got this as a gift for my 6 week old and I love it and so does she...I put her in it when I take a shower and she falls right asleep with the vibration on!! If I need to put her somewhere to keep her occupied...that's where she goes!!

MarinaTwinMom
10-25-2001, 11:46 AM
That's a great deal on the rocker!

I wanted to let you know, though, that an older infant can flip this rocker over onto its side. We have twins, and have two of these rockers for them. When our twins were about 7 or 8 months old, our son surprised us one evening by suddenly flipping the rocker over onto himself! He did it so quickly that we couldn't get across the room to reach him before he fell over. After he did this a few more times, we stopped using the rockers.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to use them without the seat restraints when our twins are older. For now, though, I don't use them.

BTW, our daughter is less wiggly than our son; she never did manage to flip her rocker. Hopefully this will be the case with your daughter, but you might keep an eye on her when she's in the rocker just in case it's a problem.