PDA

View Full Version : Parents Choice Bottes and Formula

llc
10-23-2001, 07:27 AM
I will be bottle feeding and I'm looking for advice on bottles and formula. I just finished a baby care basics class at our hospital, but they refuse to give suggestions because they push breastfeeding.

Anyway, I've read a couple of previous posts saying PC bottles from Walmart are very similar to Avent. Also, a few people also said the PC is also good, with similar ingrediants as enfamil and similac.

If anyone is familar with the PC brand, please respond.

Muffin28
11-02-2001, 09:52 PM
Hi!
I am very familiar with the PC brand for both formula and bottles/nipples. As for the formula, I checked with my pediatrician's office and they all highly recommended it. That was a shock to me since the docs are given lots of perks and freebies to promote the other brands. They told me that PC was made by a reputable company (Wyeth Nutritionals) and that almost all formula was basically the same - some just charge more to pay for their advertising, etc. Anyway, I have been using it since my daughter was 7 months old with no problems. A lot of my friends have switched also. Target stores sell the same formula under their own name (Target brand)- I just found this out tonight.

As for the PC bottles/nipples, they are virtually identical to the Avent brand. The nipples are interchangable. I own both the Avent and PC brand of bottles/nipples and like them both. The PC brand is cheaper and just as nice.

Hope this helps!

HOBSON725
11-25-2001, 05:33 PM
. Target stores sell the same formula under their own name (Target brand)- I just found this out tonight.

REALLY? So I can use both Parent's Choice Brand formula and Target brand? I sure hope so! I have a couple of coupons for Target formula!