PDA

View Full Version : Parents Magazine brand toys at Target

walda
11-11-2001, 03:57 PM
Has anyone ever bought any toys by the "Parents Magazine" brand at Target? Are they available elsewhere? Is the quality good? Any information on these toys would be appreciated!
-Thanks!

littlemomma
11-14-2001, 12:54 PM
We received the busy box for my son's 1st birthday that is a cube w/ different shaped blocks and a tiny telephone attached. I am not sure about the quality b/c I had to put the toy away for awhile since my baby gets his little hand stuck inside the openings. I tried to exchange it at Target, but the jerks wouldn't let me b/c they have a new return/exchange policy that started this month. It seems you can't return or exchange anything unless you have the original reciept or a gift receipt. I can't go back and ask for the receipt as I am sure my husband's aunt would be offended and wouldn't have kept it anyway. It is a horrible policy and I am telling everyone I know not to shop there anymore b/c I will be stuck w/ gifts we can't use and aren't able to exchange. It's just not right!

HappyMommy
02-05-2002, 03:22 AM
We have a couple of these toys, although bought at Buy Buy Baby...we have a soft plush train, which is a set of 10 cars, each is a different color with a different number on top of hte car, and making a different noise. The cars attach by velcro. We also have some soft cloth blocks. I would say these are medium quality toys. My son is not playing with them quite yet. I personally find I am preferring plastic things I can easily wash.

riostoker
02-05-2002, 07:42 PM
We received the rainbow arch crib thing as a gift. I really like it, and my daughter seems to too. Every morning, I find her underneath the rainbow "talking" to the birds, clouds, and rainbow! It is just something a little different from the usual mobiles.

suzska
02-06-2002, 12:19 AM
We have the soft-stacking blocks. It comes with two sets of blocks in varying sizes, one with numbers, one with letters, eight blocks in all. My son likes to play with them. One of the small ones jingles and one is crinkly--he likes those. He also likes when I build towers with them so he can knock them down. I got them on sale after Christmas at Target. I know people are unhappy with there return policy, but I usually buy things I know I'm not going to return and shop there all the time. Maybe everyone should be telling people to make sure they get a gift receipt and not to tell them not to shop there at all. I don't think it's necessarily an unreasonable policy. Just my opinion, anyway. Although I will admit to returning a shower gift to ToysRUs for store credit because I knew they carried the product--I have no idea where the original gift was bought, but I never even took it out of the package, so I didn't feel too bad about returning it.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01