PDA

View Full Version : F-P Healthy Care High Chair??

1sttimemom
12-31-2001, 06:24 PM
I'm interested in this new high chair by fisher-price, has anyone tested or used it? My Toy's R Us store has it to sell but not on display yet. It looks nice on the FP site (of course). It has towel bars, jar holder, a tray that goes in the dishwasher, 5-point restraint, vinyl coated seat and it folds! We'll be starting our 4 month old on cereal and want to buy soon. It's $69.99 at TRU. Any advice or users of this seat? http://www.fisherprice.com/us/babygear/product.asp?prdid=9222&c=bgh

mommymaria
01-23-2002, 07:07 PM
We bought the Healthy Care High Chair for my son last week. Before purchasing, I read up on the chair on the F-P website and tested out all of the features on the display at Toys 'R Us. It is sturdy, designed well, and easy to use. The one handed tray release and seat back positioner really do work with one hand, as opposed to some of the others out there. Assembly was fairly straightforward, and the only thing I stumbled with a bit was the seat cover and belts. But once I saw how it worked it will be easy to remove and replace again after washing.

We are only using the chair for a few days but are happy so far. My husband, myself and my mother have all put my son in and out of the seat with no problems and have found it comfortable to feed him.

Have you bought a high chair yet? If not, hopefully this little bit of info helps.

1sttimemom
01-23-2002, 09:22 PM
I just purchased the F-P high chair at TRU myself. I decided I liked the features, price and pattern- we chose the elephant. So far, so good. I put it together easily (I did notice the display at Wal-Mart was incorrectly assembled so that the seat slid side to side- rather irresponsible of them since I left thinking the hair chair wasn't sturdy.) Our daughter has only played with toys on the tray but it fits her well. I almost bought the Evenflo but had heard too many complaints of the tray being too high. The other runner-up was regalo, but the snack tray doesn't come off- pretty hard to get a larger baby in and out of. Glad to hear you like it!

tucker
01-23-2002, 10:05 PM
I did a lot of research as well and wasn't even considering this chair, but when we compared it to the other models, decided to go with it and absolutely love it. It is much easier to operate than the Peg Perego, Chicco, and Evenflo, which were the most recommended brands (according to what I found). I'm not one to spare any expense and would gladly have paid $200 for the best, but I didn't have to. This one was the best, and unbelievably, the least expensive too!

My daughter is pretty small and it fits her perfectly. It is easy to clean and my husband loves the fact that you can put the tray on by setting it directly on the armrests and pushing down(rather than having to slide it into holes in the front of the armrests). The only possible drawback is that it doesn't have wheels. At first I thought I would want wheels, but after looking at them on the models, decided they might be more hazardous than helpful.

Good Luck!

HappyMommy
02-06-2002, 01:45 AM
I am also considering this chair after looking at more expensive models. My son is 20 lbs at 6 months, do you think it would fit a bigger baby? Also, does it store compactly? I tried my son out in a chicco mamma b/c it is supposed to be a bigger seat, but it didn't seem that spacious for him anyway.

Thank you

mommymaria
02-06-2002, 09:32 AM
My son is 18 lbs at 5 months and fits comfortably with room to spare. The seat is nice and sturdy, which is good since he is a really active guy!

I have not seen the Chicco Mamma folded to compare, but the F-P folds easily and compactly.

LMO
02-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Just wanted to check in with those of you who recently purchased this chair... how is it working out? do you still like it? I'm trying to decide between this and the chicco mamma.

tarheelmom
02-20-2002, 06:15 PM
We purchased this chair about a month ago for our now 6 month old ds, who weighs over 21 pounds. We would highly recommend it! It is easily wiped clean and the plush vinyl seat wipes clean also. Our son seems very comfortable in it and the 5-point harness is nice. We have some friends who got it on our recommendation and they love it, too. This is a great high chair!

mommymaria
02-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to second the tarheelmom's opinion. We are very happy with this chair for the same reasons. Also, it fits nicely at our table and folds compactly into the corner of our dining room.

ecarley
03-04-2002, 10:49 PM
I might be a bit late to this conversation, but I just wanted to chime in that I LOVE LOVE LOVE our new high chair. The adjustments are easy, the tray is easy to get on and off, and the 5 point restraint keeps my little squirmer extra secure. The tray insert that goes into the dishwasher is a godsend. However, it's a bit of a tight fit, so it might not fit into all dishwashers.

My only complaint is that the jar holder is only as big as baby food jars, and won't hold a can of pop, a feeding bowl, or a toy. What would be more useful would be a hook to hang bibs or cleanup rags.

1sttimemom
03-04-2002, 11:19 PM
We are still loving this high chair...we only somrtimes wish it had wheels, but also feel like it's very sturdy without them (and light enough to carry anyway.) We have started hanging bibs from the towel bar in back- very handy. Glad to hear others agree.

mspacman
03-04-2002, 11:37 PM
We liked the FP chair so much, we bought a second one for Grandma's house. At that low price, why not? My daughter is only 3 months old, but she cried when we left her alone in her bassinet during mealtimes. Having her in her carseat balanced on a dining room chair, made me very nervous. So we bought the high chair, and she loves it! It lets her join us for meals (no more eating in shifts!) and she seems to love having the commanding view of the dining room and living room. I put her there while I pump milk in the morning, pay bills, or do other chores at the table, and she happily looks around, plays with her blanket and even naps in the chair. It's easy to assemble, folds and adjusts easily and wipes clean easily. I too wish the jar holder was big enough for my soda, but Grandma likes it for holding milk bottles. This is one of the best things we bought for the baby!

mommymaria
03-05-2002, 09:18 AM
I had washed the seat pad last night. As I was putting it back on the high chair this morning, I was thinking how much I love this chair. Funny how the little things in life can make me so happy these days!

I would recommend this chair to anyone.

LMO
03-05-2002, 10:17 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your rave reviews! I really want to love this highchair, but I'm not sure that it's the best choice for us. I took my 20lb., 6 month old DS to BRU to try it out. I like the way it looks, and it seems well-built, but I'm concerned about the depth (crotch-strap to back) of the seat -- it seems smaller than a lot of the other highchairs. Also, the tray didn't seem to pull out very far without coming off, so the only way I could get him in there was by removing the tray first. Is that to be expected with any highchair? I had hoped I could just leave the tray on and pull it in and out.

shandrin
03-09-2002, 10:10 PM
I'm glad to hear someone else has this concern(re: size of seat)
I tried my 14mth old who is 22 pounds in it and found the crotch bar to be right at his um... privates, i'm very concerned as he grew that this would become very uncomfortable.

I do like the other features the padding and the neat little tray feature but that seat size is rather shallow. At the momment i'm using a graco easy seat and it has a much larger seat and can have the tray pushed forward far enough to just lift him out without having to totally remove it...i guess i just tried the FP one to see if it was better than mine and i suppose i'm a little disappointed :(
Guess the grass isn't always greener! ;)

momathome
03-14-2002, 11:16 PM
For anyone interested in purchasing this chair, it is on sale at Baby Depot at Burlington Coat Factory for 59.99 right now. I do not know how long the sale is going to last - I picked mine up on Tuseday. I managed to get it for only 49.99 because I had a coupon for BCF for $10 off any purchase over $50. By the way, I love my new chair and so does my 13 month-old. After reading about the size concerns from other people, I sat my 32 lb. 4 year-old in it just to see how a bigger child would fit and she was perfectly fine. I think it looks smaller than it actually is.
-Lauren

starfish1995
03-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Momathome,

Wher did you get your $10 off coupon for BCF?

Beth

momathome
03-15-2002, 11:21 PM
Sorry, I meant to put that part in. If you or anyone you know has this year's Entertainment book/membership card, the coupon can be found in there. Good luck!
-Lauren

lisajay
05-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I have been using this high chair since my daughter was 5 months old. I'm still loving it. It is very easy to slip the cover off straps and all and through in the wash if necessary. She was 23 lbs at 12 mo appointment and at 13 months she still fits it fine. Mine does have the wheels even though it is a basic model payed $69. It is extremely sturdy and has many height settings so you can push it up to the table. I would definitely purchase this seat again.
I highly recommend this high chair.
LJ

baby feta
05-13-2005, 09:35 AM
For anyone to answer, FP_HC vs. Baby Trends-HC
I looked at the FP- HC and the Baby Trends- HC the difference seems to be at a quick look the FP has a plastic seat cover vs. the BT has removeable cloth cover.
HOw does the BT-HC perform? This is my first baby on the way and can not decided. I was told that the plastic cover is uncomfortable for babies, (sweating etc..)

daniele_ut
05-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Lots of people here love their FPHC high chairs, but I decided on the Baby Trend chair. We have been using it for about a month and so far it works well, though we haven't gotten to the really messy self feeding stage yet. We got the Palm Tree print and I scotch-garded the cover when we bought it. So far anything that has gotten on the cover has just wiped off and I haven't had to launder it yet. I know BT offers a white vinyl replacement cover for about $20 and we may get one for when we start self feeding, but I am not sure.

DS is on the small side, so the tray is a touch high for him, but he has no trouble reaching toys on it. The chair is well made and we really like that it folds compactly and stands on it's own when it is folded. We have a small apartment and a booster was not an option for us, so we usually fold the chair up between meals to get it out of the way. I also liked that the whole seat reclines, not just the seatback like on the FP, as DS has fallen asleep in it on occasion.

Hopefully someone who has been using it longer will respond, but so far we are satisfied! Honestly, I would wait until you really need the high chair before you buy. You won't really need it until baby is 6 months old, though some people use it earlier to have the baby with them in the kitchen. You may have a better idea of what you want in a high chair after you have the baby! HTH!

Blue94
05-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Is this FP Aquarium Chair different than the one offered at BRUS? It doesn't seem to come with the extra center toy setup:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-4627113-6740656?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002ZOIAG

See extra toy console in BRUS pic:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00005OONH/qid=1116290444/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-3937389-3608648

Odd because they're both the same price essentially.