PDA

View Full Version : Pack N Play vs. Playpen

acadiaphile
01-05-2002, 08:49 PM
We have a 5-way PNP and folks have started asking whether we're going to get a playpen. What is the difference between a PNP and a playpen? Isn't it just the size? Am I missing some detail here?

If all I want is a safe place to put my dd while I get a shower or go to the basement to do laundry do I need more than a PNP?

alandenisefields
01-06-2002, 12:07 AM
There really isn't much difference---a PNP is essentially all you need. In the old days (say the 1970's) playpens used to be much larger contraptions made of metal or wood. But they've lost favor to the PNP style playpens in recent years!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
BABY BARGAINS

elelvee
01-16-2002, 12:05 AM
My mom convinced me to buy a playpen and I am glad I did. It is so much roomier than a pack-n-play. My daughter (14 months) will actually play in there and has plenty of room to move around. It is much sturdier too. I think the brand was Brevi. I know it was made in Italy.

walda
01-19-2002, 12:00 PM
A real playpen would be nice, unless you plan to travel. We take the PNP with us easily, everywhere- the beach, etc. It fits in the trunk (we have a small trunk) and is easy to check on the plane. the portacribs in some hotels are pretty scary. Im glad we bought it, even if it is small!

walda :)