PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Graco pak' n Play?

tilly2321
01-11-2002, 11:55 AM
We are looking for something exactly like the Graco PNP with a changing station organizer and a full size bassinet. I have recently read on this board that their products are treated with arsenic to be flame retardant. Does anyone know a good alternative to this product that I could use instead? Thanks!

alandenisefields
01-14-2002, 03:43 PM
Hi!

Thanks for using our message boards.

Just an FYI: We do NOT believe that arsenic rumor to be true. So we still recommend the Pack N Play.

alan and denise fields
authors, BABY BARGAINS

tilly2321
01-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Thanks for your reply. Although I know many things fly through the rumor mill, I actually have heard this from someone who actually called Graco and confirmed the use of arsenic in their products. What is your belief that the rumor is false based on? If you have any additional info from Graco, I would love to hear it! Thanks!

bunnycup
01-19-2002, 02:47 PM
I recently purchased a Century Fold n Go Playard with a built-in bassinet from Baby Catalog of America (89.99). I haven't tried it out yet since our baby is not due until June, but I like the looks of it...sturdy hinges, lots of padding, lightweight. By the way, I can't say enough about Baby Catalog! I placed my order on the 14th and had delivery of every item by the 18th. I bought a bathtub, the playard, a Combi stroller, Sounds and Light monitor, Snug Ride car seat, Diaper Genie with 2 refills, a Baby Bjorn carrier and a 3 in 1 bouncer/rocker...all for under $500. Everything was in perfect shape...I love them!!