PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Seat?

maura
01-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Any recommendations on a bouncy seat that anyone loves or ones to stay away from? Also, is a bouncy seat more useful than a rocker seat? I saw a product by combi that looks like a bouncer but is a rocker (maybe it bounces too, I don't know). If anyone has any feedback on the rocker vs the bouncer I'd love to hear!!! I will be a first time mom, so if this is a stupid question- that is why!!

mommymaria
01-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Maura,
I too am a first time mom and have learned to not worry about "stupid questions". The world of baby stuff can get more than overwhelming.

My son is now five months old. We started out with a Fisher Price bouncy seat which he loved but quickly outgrew length wise. He also was able to reach up and pull off the toys that dangled from the canopy.

I bought him the Chicco "Sofa" Rocker about 1 month ago, and we both are happy with it. He fits much more comfortably in it. There is a safety belt for small babies and then the chair can continue to be used as a little rocker for babies that can sit up on their own. Just note that it does NOT bounce or vibrate and only plays a minute or so of music.

Looking back, I probably would still buy both. My son has reflux and spends a good bit of time sitting up so we more than got our money's worth. If you want to get just one I would say go with the rocker because of its longer useful life.

Geebee
01-24-2002, 01:20 PM
I used a Fisher Price bouncy seat for my daughter, and it was great. She used it until she could sit up (around 6 months), and she fit fine (she was a small baby). I didn't find any need for a rocker, although I definitely would get one or the other. I think that they like to see as they are a couple of months older.

The only one that I would stay away from is that Osh Kosh one. A friend of mine had one, and she thought that it always seemed like her newborn was going to tip over. She hardly ever used it. I later saw a thread on the Baby Bargains with a number of complaints.

I found the postings! (I searched on the word "bounce", and I found it. Try doing a search on "bounce" and you might find info on other rockers and bouncers. I think that I saw a posting on one the Combi rocker/bouncer.)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/124.html

I hope that helps!

MinnieMouse
01-25-2002, 11:36 AM
We have the Fisher Price Bouncer/Toddler Rocker and really like it. It worked well for dd, who is now 6 months. She LOVED the toy bar and I liked the rocking aspect of the seat...which we used often. It also has a vibrating switch that I don't believe we ever had to change the batteries for.

Christine

webma
01-29-2002, 12:09 PM
We have the FP Bouncer/Rocker too and think it's great. I've used it since my dd was just under 2 to months to date (7 mths). It's good until the kid weights 30+ lbs so I plan on getting a lot more use out of it for her and kid #2. At first I used a car seat support (those oval head cushioners) to help her sit up better and not flop around.

pyxxydust7
02-01-2002, 11:22 PM
Hi Maura!
We have that Combi seat you're referring to. We got it because friends of ours got it for their baby, who is now 6 months, and it's absolutely wonderful! It vibrates and rocks. When she's fussy, usually one or the other will soothe her. Our baby hasn't arrived yet (I'm at 38 weeks - any day now!), but I can tell you from seeing our friend's baby that I think it would be a good investment for you. To me, it also looks a lot more comfortable for the baby than the average bouncy seat, and it's also larger so they won't grow out of it so fast. She still uses it at 6 months. It's great for newborns since it reclines and can lie nearly flat but be put up at an angle as they gain head support. It's well made and I would definitely recommend it to you. Good luck finding one you like, even if it's not this one!

Melissa Choudhry