PDA

View Full Version : Babies on the beach question???

tilly2321
01-24-2002, 01:55 PM
Hello! My baby is due in May and my family spends lots of time on the Jersey shore. ANy ideas of where I can find one of those pop up sun tent things to protect the baby while out in the sun? It is sort of like a little play area tent. I have been searching and really need some help. Thanks in advance!
Elaine

vivianm
01-24-2002, 09:08 PM
I received one of these as a shower gift. It's called a "Kwik Cabana" and came from Babies R Us. The review on the Babies R Us website was very positive - I can't add anything since I won't use it myself until this coming spring/summer.

kbalchus
01-24-2002, 09:14 PM
I could swear I've seen them in either One Step Ahead (http://www.onestepahead.com) or Perfectly Safe (http://www.perfectlysafe.com) catalogs.

:),
Kristen

tarheelmom
01-25-2002, 12:08 PM
I bought a sun tent for my little boy. I got it from www.babystyle.com and it's made by Prince Lionheart. If you look it up, use the search word "cabana." I think it is currently out of stock on babystyle but I've seen it on other websites (I can't remember which ones, sorry!). I never used the one we have because my ds was born in August and beach season/pool season was over by the time I was ready to go out and about with him. I know we'll use it this year, though! Hope that helps!

tilly2321
01-27-2002, 09:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone!! I called "ONe Step Ahead" since I had heard that they carried them and it turns out that they do. They just didn't have them on their website or internet since it is a seasonal item, but they have plenty in stock right now. I am considering getting the infant cabana, but the customer service said the family cabana is a bit more spacious and can be used longer. Has anyone out there used one of these? Any recommendations on what I should get? I think there is a minor price difference, but I don't want to lug aroudn something too big if I am not going to use it.
Thanks for all the suggestions!! I will look into the other styles as well!
Elaine