PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend high chair

riostoker
01-26-2002, 01:06 PM
Just wondering what people thought about the new Baby Trend high chair:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00005NITL/qid=1012064780/br=1-20/ref=br_lf_ba_20/102-8942263-5680942

I saw it last night at Babies R Us and am trying to figure out why anyone would spend the extra money on the Pappa or Mamma when this one seems to have all the same features for only 89$.

It reclines, folds, and does height positions easily. It took me forever to figure out how to fold up the darn Peg Papa in the store, but this one folded so easily and intuitively! The fabric cover easily comes off for washing and is also reversible (very cool if it gets stained)!

It really looks like an exact clone of the Papa and Mamma. I feel like maybe it is "too good to be true" though. Has anyone bought this chair who can comment on it? Or, have you looked at all of these and decided to go with the Chicco or Peg, why did you?

This one just seems perfect - as nice as the others, but a fraction of the cost.

Also, has anyone seen a good deal for the navy one on-line or in a store anywhere? The Babies R Us here only had the khaki one. I'd prefer the navy, but don't want to pay Amazon's shipping costs. I'd love to find it on-line someplace that offers free shipping. Otherwise, I'll just get the khaki one in the store.

Thanks!

Jackie
01-26-2002, 02:07 PM
I just bought this chair last night. I have had problems with the pappa and mamma. The Pappa has a bad tray which I could not get to lock down. The Mamma, I had problems with the back support giving way and scaring my poor DS. I returned the Pappa last night and saw this chair. The guy, who seemed quite knowledgeable (unusual these days), at Babies-R-Us said that it has been around for about a month. He said it wasn't quite as good quality chair as the Pappa (I'm not so sure about that, I've had to return two already, the other one, the tray wouldn't insert in the holes), but for one child it should do just fine. I used it this morning and it seems to work really well. The tray is just slightly higher than the pappa so I have a small towel under the pad to prop him up a little until he gets a abit taller. It is easy to fold, it has four locking wheels instead of two (and they roll better than the other two chairs did on my wood floor). It is 6 position height and 4 position recline adjustable, folds up just like the Mamma, has a tray storage in the rear, the cover comes off real easy, the base is made of steel (I think) so it is sturdy, the tray is easy to work (just a tad hard to put on, has to line up just right). I really like it so far! I'll post back here in a couple of weeks and let you know how it is going. I would say, the high chair resembles the Chicco Mamma more than the Prima Pappa but it seems a little smaller than the Mamma and it has a cloth cover and the passive crotch restraint is attached to the seat and not the tray (much better!). This chair is the perfect blend of features, IMHO.

Jackie
01-26-2002, 02:14 PM
A couple more things, the tray fits tighter to my DSs chest than the Mamma did, great!, and it comes fully assemble, you just have to put on the casters and tray.

suzska
01-26-2002, 11:57 PM
I went to Baby Trend's website, and when you click on the "Order" button it just takes you to Amazon. I don't know if anyone else carries them.

(FYI: I have the Evenflo highchair myself. I also couldn't see paying all that money for the Papa or Mamma. I have been pretty happy with the Evenflo. Again, seems pretty similar to the Baby Trend chair from the pictures I've seen of it, but there are some differences.)

Good luck!

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01