PDA

View Full Version : typical swing weight limit?

riostoker
01-28-2002, 12:29 PM
What is the weight limit for most baby swings? We're using a borrowed Graco swing (an older wind-up one), so I don't have the manual. I'm guessing the weight limit is the same for most of them.

Thanks!

MinnieMouse
01-28-2002, 02:20 PM
I was concerned about this and called Fisher Price about ours. (The cradle swing)...there is absolutely nothing about weight limits either on the swing or in the manual.

FP customer service basically told me that when she gets old enough to climb out...stop using it.

Christine

jra
01-28-2002, 02:34 PM
I just checked on www.gracobaby.com and the suggested weight limit is 25lbs. I also heard that you should stop using swings when the baby starts reaching for the bars.

Jennifer

TLC1994
02-06-2002, 09:08 PM
I had the Fisher Price Swing 'n Meals and I stopped using the swing part when my daughter was only about 15-16 lbs. because she was leaning forward and I thought it was going to topple over on her! Maybe she would have been ok in it for a little while longer, but it really made me nervous so I stopped using it.

benzmommyplus1
02-07-2002, 11:09 PM
One thing to check on, since this is a borrowed swing, is to make sure it hasn't been recalled. Millions of older Graco swings have a recall on them, due to the harness strap on it. Check at http://www.cpsc.gov to check it out.