PDA

View Full Version : Easy Comfort High Chair by Evenflo

ma2be
02-05-2002, 09:39 PM
I was all set on getting a Prima Pappa, then heard about the nightmare to clean them. So, I was about to get the Chicco Mamma, until I saw it in person and didn't like the seat cushion. It seemed so flimsy. No up to par with the price they are asking for the chair. I was just watching Melissa River's Oh Baby 2 on "E" and she has the Evenflo chair. Im thinking, It must be a good chair if she's got it. Anyone like it? Hate it? I need some thoughts Im running out of chairs!!! Thanks.

suzska
02-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I have it and like it a lot. I'm not as good about cleaning the crumbs out as I should be, so I can't say whether it's easier or harder than the others. (It probably needs a good scrubbing soon!)

I compared it to the Papa and the Mamma at the store, and liked the Evenflo chair the best. We got ours for a pretty good price at Baby Depot. I want to say it was on sale for $85. The one at BabiesRUs had a fabric seat cushion, and I wasn't too crazy about that. Ours is vinyl. Some people have said that the tray is too high on the Evenflo chair, but my son never had any trouble reaching it once he was ready to feed himself finger foods.

If you are considering it, find a local store that has one and check it out. A high chair (like a stroller) is a very personal thing, and you really need to "test drive" it--fold and unfold it, raise and lower the seat, take the tray off, etc. I could never figure out how to get the Pappa to fold, so I stopped looking at it. I pinched my fingers on the Mamma and the Evenflo chair, but I don't fold it as much as I thought I originally would anyway. But I have been very happy with my Evenflo chair.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01