PDA

View Full Version : wipe warmers

grelli2
02-06-2002, 05:23 PM
Have any of you tried wipe warmers? I'm trying to decide if I should register for them?

suzska
02-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Some people love them. Some people don't.

After reading about the recalls a while back of the ones that caught on fire, I decided not to bother. On occassion my son will "complain" when the wipe is a little cold, but he "gets over it" as soon as the diaper changing is done. :-) Lately he's just not happy with the whole experience sometimes. Ah, life with an ~11 month old....

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

Elaine
02-07-2002, 10:20 AM
I went back and forth about this but in the end decided not to get one because I worried about it being a fire hazard. I try to use wipes that are less wet because they don't get as cold. Huggies Natural Care and Baby Washcloths (at BabiesRUs) are both pretty good. I found Pampers wipes to be too wet.

tarheelmom
02-07-2002, 11:27 AM
We did get a wipes warmer for our baby, and really like it. We got the Prince Lionheart warmer that has the heating element in the lid (I think it's called the Mother's Choice or something like that). We have never had a problem with the wipes drying out or getting discolored. If we're going to be gone overnight or longer, we just unplug it. I got it at Target 6 months ago, right before I had my baby. By the way, my baby seems to really like it, too! Hope that helps!

raynjen
02-28-2002, 05:47 PM
I intially thought (and read) that this was a silly expense. I had told my husband about wipe warmers in a "isn't this funny what people will buy" tone a voice and we both laughed. Well, we hadn't been home for 2 hours before my husband looked at me with a haunted expression and asked where we could get one. He ran out to TRU and bought the Prince Lionheart (the only one on the market at the time). We love it. I don't see how they could be a fire problem as it never gets too hot to touch much less hot enough to burn. The bottom wipes do discolor, but, as the manual explains, this is from the aloes and moisturizers in the wipes, not scorching. I do have one recommendation though. If you buy the Pampers "one-ups" you need to get a compatible warmer. There is nothing more annoying than trying to grab just one wipe and having ten come out. We use Huggies wipes with our warmer. I recently saw a warmer in a catalog that was made to use with "one-ups."