PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good diaper pail

dueinapril
02-09-2002, 09:11 AM
Hi,
Somebody had given me a diaper genie for a gift and while it seems to get great reviews by everybody, I am interested in finding a pail that lets you use regular liners instead of "diaper genie" liners. I thought that Fisher Price used to make one, but I can't find it at BRU. I also e-mailed Fisher Price about it and am waiting for a response. Does anybody have any recommendations for a diaper pail that has regular garbage bags to it and also doesn't release the smell? I saw a few on babiesrus.com but the ones they have listed got really bad reviews by parents stating that they don't hold the smell in. Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Connie1222
02-11-2002, 12:54 PM
We have the Diaper Champ and we LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Before I registered I checked out the Diaper Genie at my cousin's house and we could not figure out how to use it! I recieved the Diaper Champ at my baby shower (it's sold at BRU). It uses regular garbage bags, it's very easy to use (one hand operation) and NO SMELL.

suzska
02-11-2002, 03:23 PM
We have the Diaper Genie and really like it. It only takes a few minutes to learn how to use it--although I had to give my husband several lessons. The instructions are printed on every refill pack. I think once you use it, the design makes sense. And we have never had a problem with smelly diapers. But then again we tend to just sometimes double-bag the really smelly ones and throw them in the regular waste basket--we got one with a pop-up lid at Wal-Mart--which gets emptied more often than the Diaper Genie.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

MinnieMouse
02-12-2002, 01:40 PM
There is a thread about diaper pails at the bottom of the page...this is what my response was there...

We have both the Fisher Price diaper pail and the Diaper Champ...one upstairs and one downstairs.(Got a used changing table at a consignment shop for downstairs too...only $20!! and we are SOOO happy we did)

I like them both. They both take regular kitchen garbage bags...but I think that the Diaper Champ is easier to use with one hand, and easier to change the bags. That said...you have to make sure you wrap up the diaper so nothing gets all over the "lid" of the pail...and you don't have to worry about that with the Fisher Price one.

One of my friends (no kids) thanked me for not getting the Diaper Genie...she said that she was baby sitting her neice and nephew once and couldn't figure out how to use it...and thier diapers ended up in the garbage pail.

Christine