PDA

View Full Version : Any good websites to buy peg perego high chair and britax car seat?

lana521
02-24-2002, 02:16 AM
Hi! I am actually new to this community web board, but I've purchased the Field's book when I was pregnant and I can say that it is the best book on the market. Everything that they've said is true, I have experienced it. My baby boy is now 3 months old and I think that he is almost ready for a high chair. I want to buy Peg Perego high chair and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good website where it is on sale?? Also I was wondering if there is a huge difference between 2001 and 2002 model. I know it's only the tray, but important is it??

Another question. I also need a good website to buy the britaz roundabout car seat. It's the best one on the market, but I haven't seen it on sale. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated!!!
Thanks, Lana

Madelyn
02-24-2002, 04:23 PM
The Baby Catalog of America www.babycatalog.com has the Roundabout (but in burgandy check only) for $169.99. They also have 2001 models of the highchair you want for $143.99 shipped for navy and white check and $149.99 for white leatherette.

I think the second tray for the highchair would be nice to have to make clean up easier but not a big deal. I purchased the Roundabout and the Prima Pappa for my now 3 1/2 yr old son and will use them for my 4 month old son soon. I love my Britax. A big complaint about the Prima Pappa is that the seat cover isn't machine washable (although it may be in newer models?) and the chair is hard to clean. Today there are so many other cheaper chairs that recline and fold. Those might be worth looking at.

egoldber
02-24-2002, 08:56 PM
I bought my PP Venezia stroller from Baby Catalog of America and was very pleased with them.

I have an older version of Prima Pappa that was a hand me down. I don't really think it is that hard to clean. The plastic cover does come mostly off and can be cleaned that way if necessary. I agree, though, that there are cheaper chairs that are probably just as good. A lot of the features on the expensive chairs don't seem very useful to me: recline (shouldn't be feeding solids until baby can mostly sit up anyway), folding (do people really fold up and unfold a chair they use several times a day?), removable top tray that goes in dishwasher (my baby EASILY gets the bottom of the tray as dirty as the top) and wheels. OK, the wheels, I REALLY like. I like being able to put her in the chair and move her around the kitchen with me.

HTH,

Madelyn
02-27-2002, 08:12 PM
www.dmartstores.com has the Perego high chair in white for $128.88 plus $9.95 ground shipping. That seems like a good price for the 2001 model.

wingate702
02-28-2002, 10:08 PM
I recently bought the 2002 version of the Britax roundabout from Babycatalog.com for $194.50. There is no tax or shipping and handling outside of CT.

Hope this is helpful!

jrosales
03-01-2002, 04:12 PM
Thought you may want to know that!

Jodie

emandjeff
03-02-2002, 09:31 PM
Oh i am so excited to know that! I was thinking about selling my old one and getting a new one for just that tray! Do you know if they make an accesory part to put a center bar in the older models?

Thanks-

jrosales
03-04-2002, 01:13 PM
and had a reply almost instantly!

Jodie

annesa
04-02-2002, 10:11 PM
Another endorsement for www.babycatalog.com. I have had great experiences with customer service there... Furthermore, if you sign up to be a member of the 'baby club' you receive a 10 % discount on everything you order for a year * I think * (annual membership fee). Anyways, with purchases like these, you will make up the membership cost very quickly in your savings. Shipping is VERY reasonable. Good luck. Anne