PDA

View Full Version : really good portable high chair

egoldber
02-26-2002, 09:22 AM
Hi! My baby is finally getting to the age where she needs to be eating solid foods with us while we are out and about. At home, I am using a high chair that was a hand me down (but it is very nice), so I feel justified :-) in spending a fair bit for a really nice portable high chair for restaurants, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have looked at the standard ones available at BRU and Buy Buy Baby, but I am wondering if there is something else out there? Or is there one that is really nice/useful for a particular reason.

Thanks in advance,

Madelyn
02-26-2002, 01:25 PM
We have the plastic fold up booster by the First Years that we used for my 3 1/2 yr old son. It was inexpensive and was fine for using on out of town trips and for friend's homes. However, Babycenter sent out an email that featured this portable chair that caught my attention. http://store.babycenter.com/product/gear/highchairs_and_booster_seats/1641
Its small size and weight allow it to be tucked away in a diaper bag and that would be really nice! But it costs more than twice what we paid for our chair and has no tray.

KathyO
02-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Just wanted to add my ditto here - we have the same fold-up booster by First Years, and really like it too. And that other one not having a tray would be a problem for us too - it makes it too hard to give Junior a handful of Cheerios or other finger food, when there's no tray. And pulling the baby right close in to the table means pushing all the grabbables out of their reach, which can be a hassle.

KathyO

APG
02-27-2002, 11:26 PM
I have the me too seat. its the one referred to above on the babycenter website. you should take a look at it. Its grat, easy to clean, light and it fits in your disper bag. I love it. they have it on babycenter.com and at buy buy baby