PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Bauer vs. Pack&Play playard

sivancat
03-04-2002, 01:36 PM
My aunt just got us an Eddie Bauer (Cosco) playard with a changing area and (I think) a bassinet. Is this as good as the pack and play (Graco) my wants to buy for us?

Also, the Eddie Bauer playard came from Target with no gift receipt. Does this mean that we can't even exchange it for store credit if we decide to go with the pack and play?

Thanks
P.S. The baby's due in June.

suzska
03-04-2002, 11:05 PM
I don't have an opinion on the Eddie Bauer. Sorry. I personally stay away from all things Cosco after reading enough bad reviews about other products of theirs.

But from what others have said you probably won't be able to exchange it at Target. Is there any way you can get the receipt from your aunt if you need it? I know that may be a little awkward. I wish people would realize that they should get a gift receipt when they're buying stuff for new parents/babies. Most cashiers are good enough to ask if you need one--I think they should make it store policy to ask if it isn't already. Of course that doesn't mean the "giver" will actually get one to go with the gift.

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01

momathome
03-06-2002, 11:17 AM
Sometime in the last several months, Consumer Reports reviewed play yards and deemed Cosco/Eddie Bauer the worst for quality and safety. Graco, Baby Trend, and I think J. Mason were all rated very highly. Good luck!
-Lauren