PDA

View Full Version : Baby Einstein videos

jra
03-05-2002, 11:59 AM
Does anyone have any of these videos? I don't really want to addict my son to television, but he absolutely loves to watch the tv. Everytime I lay him on the floor and the tv is on, he turns so he can watch it. I read about these videos on another website, but now I can't remember which one and I would like to find out more about them.

Jennifer

mommymaria
03-05-2002, 02:04 PM
My 6 month old son owns 3 of these tapes: Baby Mozart, Baby Bach and Baby Einstein. They are each about 30 minutes long and are great to buy yourself some time while the baby is entertained. They also can calm him during crabby periods when nothing else seems to work. And I figure any developmental benefits down the road will be an added bonus.

When we got the first one as a gift, I was skeptical about using the tv as a babysitter. But I gave it a try and for a while, popping in a tape was the only way my husband and I could sit and eat a meal together or have a discussion after work. My son still watches a tape a few times a week.

I guess the baby really does not need 3 (he could sit and watch the same thing over and over and be happy), the variety is really for my sake.

Maria

suzska
03-05-2002, 11:30 PM
We have Baby Bach, Baby Mozart, Baby Shakespeare, and Baby Doolittle (Neighborhood Animals). My son will sit and watch them while he plays.

I didn't know my husband would be getting a 5-disc DVD player for Christmas, or I would have bought them/ask for them on DVD. We don't watch them that often, but only because Mom is too lazy to get up and take the tape out of the VCR that I tape primetime shows on and put the Baby video in. :-) There are "extras" on the DVD's, I believe. And some of the VCR tapes also come with CD "soundtracks."

--Sue B.
SAHM to Evan Jeffrey 03-11-01