PDA

View Full Version : Is Chicco Mamma Highchair cover machine washable?

Madelyn
04-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Came across a good deal on a used one, manufactured in early 2000. The cover is navy with a white diamond pattern. I was wondering if the cover was machine washable? I emailed Chicco USA and they didn't answer my question about the seat cover although they are sending me the tray hub for free. Thanks to whoever posted that tip on the board. And I guess this early model dosen't allow the tray to be hooked on the back?

pamela mom of 3
04-21-2002, 02:11 PM
Being vinyl, no i wouldn't chance it, water could get stuck inside and then it would rot.

;)

Madelyn
04-24-2002, 04:06 PM
No one answered my post and I went ahead and threw the cover in my washing machine and it came out clean and unharmed! However, I have since received a user's manual from Chicco and they say to just "spot clean" the cover. However, I do have a front loading machine and it may have been more gentle on the cover. A few years back I threw the cover of my Perego Prima Pappa in the washing machine (this one was a top loading machine) and it tore and got water all inside. While it did not rot or smell, it was a pain to get the water out and the cover dry.