PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Love Symphony in Motion Mobile--Loud?

New_Mom
04-09-2002, 07:47 AM
We have the Symphony in Motion Mobile for our baby on the way and it is really cool--my husband really likes it. The only thing we found with it is that the motor in the blue ball seems to be quite loud. You can actually hear it over the music! We sent for a replacement thinking that ours was defective (the one in the store didn't seem that loud), but it didn't make a difference. We love everything else about it and since Tiny Love has a lifetime guarantee on all their products, replacement parts are free.

Any comments?

mtle
04-09-2002, 08:00 AM
We were of the same opinion, but rationalized it as "white noise." Does it bother your baby?

mommymaria
04-09-2002, 08:18 AM
My son LOVED this mobile. We found that the level of the noise varied depending on how we positioned the arm. Not sure what the exact secret is - just took some tinkering to make it a bit more quiet.

Maria

hbangthompson
04-09-2002, 03:21 PM
I guess it is kind of loud, but it doesn't seem to bother our baby. He loves it. I'll be sad when we have to take it down.

New_Mom
04-09-2002, 05:41 PM
I thought of it as white noise too since there was nothing I could do about it.

Today I also put in a comment on the Tiny Love Website and they have called me already. Apparently there have been a number of complaints about noise and the problem has been fixed. They are shipping me a new part today and she assured me that it doesn't make any noise.

I guess even if you have accepted it to this point it might be worth replacing the part with the blue ball. I will let you know if it is better once I receive it (5-7 days)!

zane
04-24-2002, 11:01 PM
I am curious if this helped. Should i do the same? It didn't really bother me till I read about it here, as i had also accepted it as white noise, but if it can be fixed (for FREE) , why not?

IansMom04
04-25-2002, 08:47 PM
Hi
Where did you leave your comment? I would like mine replaced. It was rather loud and I had his crib right next to our bed.. I remember the whirring noise well!!!

Chantal

hbangthompson
04-26-2002, 11:12 PM
I emailed them about this and I received a new motor part for my mobile and it's much, much quieter. You can still hear the motor, but it's a lot quieter than it used to be. I had gotten used to the noise, but I'm glad i still replaced it. It's free, after all.