PDA

View Full Version : Crib Toys

sophiesmom
04-17-2002, 08:34 PM
I'm looking for a good, safe crib toy that will keep my 8 1/2 month old interested if she wakes up and i can't get her right away, or need to put her in the crib to do something. Does anyone have 'crib activity centers'? Right now I have the Peace Planet aquarium in the crib, but my daughter hasn't figured out to turn it on herself after it stops. I saw a FP Baby Smartronics crib activity center, but don't know if it's worth it, don't know if she would really play with it. Any suggestions/advice?

egoldber
04-17-2002, 10:38 PM
I try to give my baby a variety of items in her crib that may keep her occupied when she wakes up for a few minutes. Also, I try not to put anything in there that makes noise in case she hits it in the night and wakes herself up! I believe that Lamaze and Eden make soft toys specifically for the crib, but I usually just use "regular" toys that are "crib safe" and put them in there.

Here's what I have in my baby's crib. For a long time I have had the Lamaze soft mirror in there. She will lay there and talk to the baby in the mirror forever! I also have her "Lovie" (soft blanket with stuffed animal head) that is her security/comfort item. Many's the time I have gone into the nursery thinking she was still asleep and I found her laying there quietly playing with her Lovie. I also received as a gift a toy from Infantino that is a soft stuffed Noak's Ark that had 6 small stuffed animals (lion, zebra, giraffe, etc). These are not plush animals, but cloth, and are about 3 inches tall. I have these 6 animals scattered around her crib. She loves to touch and finger them. She is also fascinated by the ceiling fan in her room. :-)

HTH,

tarheelmom
04-18-2002, 11:05 AM
My 8 month old son loves his little Fisher Price mirror crib toy. It is a round mirror that has different colored lights around it. There is a roll bar under the mirror that, once hit, starts music. He loves to look at himself in it and knows exactly how to hit the roll bar. I've gone in there and he is lined up so his feet are at the perfect angle to kick the roll bar and activate the music! Of course, he hits it with his hands, too. We got it at Target and I think it was around $10. He also has a soft piano crib toy to "play" with his feet. He also likes it, but the mirror is his favorite. Hope that helps!