PDA

View Full Version : two baby moniters in a house?

laura_winckler
04-22-2002, 08:16 PM
We are expecting our second baby in Sept. and our son will be two. The kids rooms are upstairs and our bedroom is downstairs, and right now we gate the stairs when we put our son to bed because he doesn't navigate them alone very well. My question is: can you have two functioning baby moniters in the same house? We have a Fisher-Price sound and lights moniter. If we get a second moniter, can we use them both? Anyone have any experience with this?

robynsl
04-28-2002, 02:06 PM
I had the FP Direct Link monitor for my son; we still use it and have been very happy with it. When my daughter was born we looked for another monitor to use in conjunction with it, (as FP no longer makes this model-- don't ask me why) and not only did every other monitor we try not work with the first, but they sounded horrible on their own as well. So I went on ebay and found a used Direct Link model. By changing the code inside the battery area we could put both monitors on the same frequency. Now my son has his room on channel A, and my daughter is on channel D (the Direct Link comes with two channels to choose from on each model). I have two receivers on my nighttable that don't interfere with each other at all. And as an added bonus, in the kitchen I have just 1 receiver that I switch between channels, depending on which child is napping at the time. It's worked great for me.