PDA

View Full Version : Portable Table seat - Me Too or Chicco

ades
04-24-2002, 09:50 PM
I am looking for a portable seat for my 8 month old to bring to restaurants or friends'. I've looked at Buybuybaby and they cost the same. Any recommendations?

egoldber
04-25-2002, 09:56 AM
I haven't tried the Chicco, but I LOVE the Me Too seat. It weighs much less than the Chicco seat, folds down to almost nothing and is very easy to use. It is also very very sturdy and secure. I keep it in the trunk of my car all the time, it takes up no room and is always handy. We are going to Europe in a couple weeks, and I plan to throw it in baby's suitcase and take it with us.

My only caution would be that if you use it at home (or at a nice place) use something underneath the "clamp" on top of the table so that the table doesn't get damaged by the clamp. Occasionally I use it at home on the island in my kitchen and I put a cheap plastic placemat under it to protect my counter. That does the trick.

HTH,

ades
04-25-2002, 10:23 AM
Hi Beth,
Thanks so much for your info! Really helps!! Two more questions: 1)does it hang on to most dining tables at restaurants? 2)Where did you buy it and how much?
Amy (Mom of Ariane)

egoldber
04-25-2002, 10:57 AM
I have not encountered a restaurant table that it won't work on. You are not supposed to use it on pedestal style tables (like all "clip on" seats), but I must admit I have done that on occasion. (I make sure it is a sturdy table.) Because of the "clamp" style, it fits most thicknesses of tables as long as there is not a lip or overhang on the table. But virtually all "clip on" seats have this problem. I love it for restaurant booths, because baby is much "closer" in to the table than in a restaurant high chair.

I got mine from babycenter.com. I don't remember exactly how much. Maybe $45?? I didn't realize they had them at BuyBuyBaby until after I got mine. Oh well...

HTH,