PDA

View Full Version : Which is better to get - music blocks toy or the jumbo block?

rachelfran
05-02-2002, 12:25 PM
Please give you opinion on which you feel is better to get. I just took advantage of the Amazon deal on the Neurosmith cartridges but need to purchase a 'Block' to use them in. They are both 59.95 at Amazon (plus we can use coupon codes!)

It's for my son - turning one in july - I know he's officially too young to play with these himself but i've seen both toys in the store and they both look so cool!

suzska
05-02-2002, 11:16 PM
Hmmm...hard to say because I haven't seen the Music Blocks in person.

We have the Jumbo Music Block. My son is almost 14 months and still doesn't show too much interest in it, but maybe that's because he has so many other things (like plastic food containers) to play with and enjoys walking around the house holding something small (like the stereo remote) in one hand. :-) He will sometimes play with the different activities around the sides, but when I turn it on, I seem more interested in the music than he does. I keep trying every few weeks, so maybe one of these days he will be interested.

I haven't gotten him the Music Blocks, yet, but probaby will someday (we have the CyberCartridge--on special at http://www.neurosmith.com -- and it can only be used with the Music Blocks--didn't know that until after we bought it). Right now I think he would be more interested in chewing the blocks than trying to make music with them, but who knows!?! He does love to play with the answering machine....

I don't know which cartridges you bought, but there are some more deals at Neurosmith's site (Buy 2 Disney, Get 1 Free and Buy Bach, Get Nutcracker Free--we have these last two). And if you decide on the Music Blocks instead, consider the CyberCartridge. It's $24.99 from Neurosmith and comes with three downloadable "cartridges" and then for a small fee--like $4 or $5 each--you can download additional ones. You can sample the sounds on their site before you buy. Only one set of sounds can be on the CyberCartridge at a time, but they "reside" on your computer once you buy them (if I remember), so they are available any time you want to change.

Just my $.02 as always....

suzska
05-08-2002, 11:31 PM
P.S. I ordered 3 "blocks" from Amazon and they came today. I got Opera, Rhythms, and Orchestra. I haven't tried the Orchestra one yet. I liked the Opera one, but I think I like the Rhythms one a little better. And Evan and Pap-Pap were having fun playing with it. I wasn't in the room, but I think Evan "learned" from Pap-Pap how to get the music to play. So we'll see! And now I'm kicking myself for not ordering the Music Blocks (under someone else's name, in case the codes wouldn't work for me :-) ) while I had the chance! Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for more Amazon deals!