PDA

View Full Version : playpen

holland2
05-03-2002, 03:27 PM
My little one is nearly 30lbs. the limit for the pack n plays. Where can I get a playpen that would allow me to have the free hands I need during the day. I do not need it for sleeping, but rather for keeping her in one room.

suzska
05-03-2002, 07:54 PM
Have you considered the Kidco PlayDen (or something similar)? It's not a playpen, but a fenced in area. And at least the Kidco one isn't easy to move from room to room once it's set up--don't know if that matters to you. But it does have a door (so your child can "walk out" on their own when you open it and you don't have to always bend down to pick them up. And it has vertical bars, instead of the criss-cross patterns of the others I saw--I was afraid my son would try to climb up the criss-cross parts. The basic one comes with 6 2-foot sections (one is the gate) and encloses an area a little bigger than the average playpen. You can also buy additional panels if you want. We have the basic set plus 2 additional sections. We got ours from http://www.BabyCatalog.com.