PDA

View Full Version : FP HC - STURDY BASE?? Any deals on Chicco HC online?

MI_MOM
05-04-2002, 09:14 AM
Hi,

I continue to agonize over my highchair purchase. I am torn b/w the new FP hc & the new Chicco Amore model. My main concern with the FP hc is the sturdiness of the base, which appears less substantial than the Graco, Peg & Chicco models. Does anyone have the FP chair? How stable is it? I love the rest of the features on it.

I am having a problem locating the 2002 Chicco HC with the snap on/off tray. BRU does not carry this one yet. I would love to find an applicable on-line coupon. It seems the prices are fixed for Peg & Chicco, and I know you can rarely (if ever) use a coupon for Peg products.

Thanks a million!! :) :) :)

Madelyn
05-04-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure if this is the Chicco you are looking for, but Babycenter carries the new one with the activity tray. It is $165.95 but if you use the code 13254069 you can get 20% off your $100 + purchase (not sure until when) and if you create a on-line registry, add the item to it, then buy off of the registry, that gives you another 10% off. This brings the item price to $122.36 and adding in the $5.99 shipping charge plus an oversize charge of $6, your final price should be $134.35 shipped.

I have an older Prima Pappa and older Chicco and there are things I like better about each of them. I don't have firsthand experience with the Fisher Price. It looks a little small but looks great for the price!

MI_MOM
05-05-2002, 05:13 PM
I will definitely give it a shot. Where did you find the special codes? Thanks!

Madelyn
05-05-2002, 07:44 PM
Actually, I got the codes from the Stroller message board on Parentsplace.com. The poster didn't specifically mention where she got the 20% off code. It sounded like she was a new member and possibly when she signed up they gave it to her. And the 10% off code for registry items is right on their website. However, I would never have thought about creating a registry and buying off of it for myself. Although I did do that for my own Babies R Us items, to make sure I didn't get duplicates.

momathome
05-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Hi, MiMom!
I got your message earlier but got knocked off line when I went to respond, so I'm not sure if you got my message. The FP base seems very stable and not the least bit wobbly. My now-15 month-old seems very safe and secure in this chair. Good luck assembling your chair - hope you like it!
-Lauren