PDA

View Full Version : "Deals" on DVD's

suzska
05-21-2002, 11:30 AM
Just wanted to pass along some info. I'm not sure if these are the "best" deals out there, but they seemed pretty good to me. (And I got tired of looking for more coupon codes.) Unfortunately the one offer expires TODAY, but I'm sure they'll have another code soon. On Sunday, I ordered some Baby Einstein and Sesame Street DVD's from these places. If I remember to follow up, I'll let you know how things went after they arrive.

The first place is http://www.playcentric.com.

"Use coupon code NL35 to save $3.50 off every item you purchase at Playcentric.com, up to 10 items for a total possible savings of $35.
Expires: 05.21.2002"

I ordered two Baby Einstein DVD's and two Sesame Street DVD's for just under $40 plus shipping (around $6 or $7). I think they're supposed to upgrade my shipping method since I ordered four things.

The second place is http://www.DeepDiscountDVD.com.

They have FREE SHIPPING, and it seems like that's all the time.

I ordered the Baby Newton DVD from them (which seems hard to find at some other places) for $14.39 with free shipping! And it shipped yesterday.

Just wanted to pass the info along!

riostoker
05-27-2002, 05:08 PM
Border's Books has all the Baby Einstein DVD's for 10$. That's the best price I've seen anywhere.

rachelfran
05-27-2002, 09:45 PM
they are also on sale at babycenter for 10% off - plus put them on your registry and get another 10% off and if you are buying over $100 of stuff - use the code that's on this site for an extra 20% off!

suzska
05-28-2002, 06:42 AM
It doesn't look like they're on sale today at babycenter ($19.95 each) and most of the DVD's are out of stock.

I haven't tried Border's (the actual store). I never seem to get there.

FYI: I received the ones I ordered from Playcentric on Saturday. The Baby Einstein ones were $11.04 and $9.12. The Sesame Street ones were $9.53 each. Shipping was $6.96, but I could have saved maybe $1 shipping by picking a slower method.

I'm still waiting for the one from DeepDiscountDVD, but I figure with the holiday and everything it will take a little longer.

When I find another good deal (or get to Border's), I'll work on replacing the ones we have on VHS.

suzska
05-29-2002, 06:40 AM
Just wanted to add that I received the other DVD yesterday. So their standard, free shipping took about a week.