PDA

View Full Version : portable bassinet vs. cosleeper

NancyB
06-17-2002, 12:20 PM
has anyone tried the J Mason portable bassinet. I want to hve the baby sleep in our room at the beginning but the cosleeper seems kind of big and hard to get out of the bed at night, except to crawl out the end. This bassinet seems pretty good except I have never seen it in person. I would like to be able to move it around from two rooms, any advice, ideas, suggestions? They feature the J mason bassinet at Safe Beginnings. NancyB

ErinP
06-17-2002, 11:53 PM
We used a portable bassinet that someone bought for us as a shower gift. We used it as a bassinet for the first month or two. I belive it is made by Kolcraft. We loved it because it had a zipper net over the top because we didn't have to worry about the the cat jumping into it! It was SOOO easy to fold up and very lightweight if we needed to travel or if DD was spending the night at Grandmas. I believe they got this model at Toys r Us or Baby Depot. I didn't register for it, but we got a lot of use out of it. Hope this helps
Erin

MinnieMouse
06-18-2002, 08:50 AM
We used an Arms Reach CoSleeper....got the newer model with more "levels"...which allowed us to use it a bit longer. Stopped using it at about 6 months when she learned how to pull up to standing! Now we use it as a packnplay in the living room for occasional naps.

I actually wanted the cosleeper over a bassinet just because the bassinets seem so small and I wanted to be able to use it longer than 2-3 months. The amount of space the cosleeper took up wasn't too bad. Although I was glad to get the space back after we took it down! LOL

Christine