PDA

View Full Version : have a 900mhz phone, should I use a 49 mhz monitor?

LandB
07-10-2002, 07:55 PM
I read in the BB book that a 900 megahertz monitor is good because most cordless phones are on a 49 megahertz frequency. But it happens that my phone is 900 megahertz. Does that mean that I should buy a monitor that is 49 megahertz, to avoid interference? Please help! I am SO confused by all of the monitor features and am trying to start by nailing down just this one thing!

Thanks,

Lisa

23Tam
07-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Maybe. Not terribly helpful, right?

Our first monitor is a Safety First 900 mhz with the intercom. We love it, and it never interfered with either 900 mhz cordless phone. However, we recently added Safety First's sight and sound with the TV monitor, which is also 900 mhz, and it does go to static when the phone is used. We've been able to work around it, but...

So, it really depends on which range in the 900's they are all using. The 2 monitors don't interfere with each other btw, but they also can't be used together like I was hoping either :( Even though they are made by the same company, they don't share the same channels. As for the phone that interferes, a few clicks of the channel button usually minimizes the problem.

I'd say get what you want, and then try it and see if it interferes. If does and it's a real hassle, go for plan B then :)

Tam

egoldber
07-11-2002, 11:25 AM
You really do have to just try different monitors and see. We had a First Years 900 mhz monitor. It did not have a problem with our cordless phone (900 mhz) but it did have a problem with SOMETHING in our house or neighborhood. We now have the Fisher Price Vibrating monitor (900 mhz) and it works beautifully.

You just have to try them and see.

HTH,

LandB
07-12-2002, 06:16 PM
Thanks for your replies. Sounds like I should make sure I buy from a place with a good return policy!

Lisa

wen
07-19-2002, 02:08 PM
I have the Graco 900 mhz and we have no problems. Every time we make a call it picks up on the monitor, but we just hit "switch channel" on the monitor and it immediately fixes itself.