PDA

View Full Version : T bar on Chicco Mama

twins r fun
07-16-2002, 11:51 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find the t bar attached to the tray of the Chicco 1)really irritating and 2)not really necessary? We've just begun using the trays on our high chairs and it's really hard to have a tray full of food mess that you can't lay flat. Also with a very sturdy 5 point harness doesn't it seem like overkill to need the t bar also? My children are probably less supervised in their strollers (since I can't see them with the sunshade forward) and a 3 or 5 point harness is sufficient there. I've noticed that the t bar is removable and that is very tempting option to me! Just wanted to see how everyone else feels about this Chicco feature!

Nicole

MinnieMouse
07-17-2002, 08:38 AM
We have the Chicco and although yes it can be a pain, really don't find that it is THAT much of a problem. I am actually glad of having the extra protection.

That said, when I take the tray off I either wash it right away and my dh takes care of dd or if I am by myself, I put it on the sink....with the bar IN the sink and the tray resting on the top of the sink...ready for me to wash it. I've also rested it on a table or the floor..tilted. The lip around the edge of the tray generally keeps the food on it.

HTH

Christine

brubeck
07-17-2002, 10:58 AM
I have talked to knowledegable salespeople and Chicco customer service reps about this. Apparently there are idiots out there who will neglect to do up the harness and therefore the tray leg is necessary. These are the same idiots who can't be bothered to do up their children properly in the carseat either. It's people like this who make lawsuits and hence.... redundancy.

But yes, they all admit that if the harness is done up properly with the piece between the legs the leg on the tray is unnecessary.

jenneric_2000
07-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Lol ;D I like the tbar b/c my little DD likes to pull her foot (or feet) out and stick them on the tray (yes, I think she's a contortionist in the making!). Right now she's not eating much, just jarred food, so it hasn't been too much a problem.

brubeck
07-17-2002, 07:09 PM
Here's the fun part: as their legs get longer they like to push against the tray release lever. I had my daughter push 2 trays of food onto the kitchen floor before I called Chicco. They sent me a new tray (with the button to push in addition to the lever) for FREE. So now I have 2 trays.

suzska
07-19-2002, 06:41 AM
Evan use to do the same thing with his feet in our highchair (not a Chicco, BTW). I think he stopped once he was sitting up more in the chair.