PDA

View Full Version : Bebe Sounds Movement Monitor

MyFirstBaby
07-19-2002, 01:25 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this monitor and what their opinions were. I came across this as I was going through my registry items, and it got really good reviews by users at BabiesRUs.com It has a flat sensor pad that slides under the baby's mattress and it detects the slightest movements. If you get a chance go to babiesrus and search for this item for a more thorough description about what it does. Since I am a new mom-to-be, I'm not sure if this is really "overkill" or if it really is a great product. I have already registered for the Fisher Price Sound and Lights monitor, but was considering switching to this one (but the other model which is Bebe Sounds AND Movement Monitor).
I would love to hear anyone's feedback - thanks!

Rhonda G.

JElaineB
07-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi,

I just bought the BebeSounds Movement and Sound monitor yesterday based on the great reviews at Amazon.com (BabiesRus.com). I bought it at a local store cheaper than online, about $89 plus tax as opposed to $99 online plus shipping. I haven't used it yet as my baby isn't due for a couple of months, so I can't help you with how it works!

Jennifer
edd 9/27/02

k2
07-20-2002, 11:08 AM
I can't respond to using it, but we registered for it also. A few of my husband's friends have it and love it, which encouraged my husband to add it to our registry (and he's not the shopping/registering type). I'll try to get some feedback this week.

22tango
07-20-2002, 01:21 PM
We have this. I must say that it's been hard to hear the heartbeat...although now that we're in our 7th month we think we can! Unlike the Dr's "hearttones", this amplifies every sound equally, even our fingers shifting as we hold the monitor, so it can sound very muddy. A quiet room is a must.

We got the kit that included the microphone and maternity belt, and (like many of the reviews I've read) found those items more useful. My DH likes to play music or talk to our little one through the mic and she responds with kicks!! I've used the belt occasionally to give my belly/back some much needed support.

Not sure if it was really worth the $40 the set cost, but we've had fun sitting together and trying to listen and talk to our baby, and maybe it's helped my DH try to "connect" more with her.

rachelfran
07-20-2002, 02:51 PM
>We have this. I must say that it's been hard to hear the
>heartbeat...although now that we're in our 7th month we
>think we can! Unlike the Dr's "hearttones", this amplifies
>every sound equally, even our fingers shifting as we hold
>the monitor, so it can sound very muddy. A quiet room is a
>must.
>
>We got the kit that included the microphone and maternity
>belt, and (like many of the reviews I've read) found those
>items more useful. My DH likes to play music or talk to our
>little one through the mic and she responds with kicks!!
>I've used the belt occasionally to give my belly/back some
>much needed support.
>
>Not sure if it was really worth the $40 the set cost, but
>we've had fun sitting together and trying to listen and talk
>to our baby, and maybe it's helped my DH try to "connect"
>more with her.

this post refers to a monitor for AFTER the baby is born - not before...

22tango
07-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Can I just ay: "OOps!!" Yes, our monitor is for prenatal listening. Must've been my brain acting pregnant again!

Oh well,...then count that as my review for the Bebe Sounds Prenatal Monitor and accessories.

loewymartin
07-22-2002, 02:55 PM
I bought this monitor about 2 weeks ago, and love it! It detects the slightest movement (i.e her breathing). I do not turn on the "tick" sound, but just have the sound and movement on. I have the transmitter about 2 feet away from the crib, and I can hear her just fine (there's a sound machine 3 feet on the opposite side of the crib and I can hear that too).

This gives me peace of mind as Alia has started rolling over, and prefers to sleep on her stomach. Since she's only 2 months old, we're in the "danger zone" for SIDS until she's 4 months old. My pediatrician said she felt much better about Alia sleeping on her stomach if she rolled over. This monitor says it does not prevent SIDS (as they can't claim that) but I feel much better...

Do use the board under the monitor pad - I think it makes it much better at sensing movement without causing false alarms. I check it each morning by picking Alia up without turning the monitor off and it beeps after 15 second.

Also - this works forever on batteries! I use it all day long without using the AC adapter, and I haven't had to replace the batteries yet (2 weeks and counting). With the Fisher Price monitor I was replacing batteries every 6 hours!!

Worth the extra money for the monitor. I also used it in a pack n'play this weekend (on the bottom, not on the bassinette portion) and it was fine.

Michelle - Alia's Mom

chicagosadie
07-31-2002, 05:26 PM
chicago sadie

I registered and received this monitor,(my baby is due in two weeks), but my mother has me paranoid that there may be some sort of harm done to the baby through the "waves" or whatever it is that monitors the baby's movement. Does anyone have any information on the safety of this product? I thought it was great, but now I'm a little scared to use it. Thanks!

Chicago Sadie

loewymartin
08-01-2002, 08:19 AM
I don't believe this transmits any "waves" it has a sensor pad that detects vibrations.

I am completely thrilled with this monitor. We had our first "false alarm" last night because Alia moved to the top of the crib and it couldn't detect her...not a problem for me (after my heart started again) because I'd rather have a few false alarms and be warned when something really does happen than always wonder if she's ok.

Best wishes for your little one to be!

Michelle - Alia's Mom