PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Flip'nPlay Table

mommymaria
08-03-2002, 01:48 PM
Does anyone have opinions on this activity table? I am thinking of getting it for my soon-to-be 1 year old son. Is it really durable and strong enough for him to pull up on? I am hoping if he has his own special place to pull up and play he will start ignoring (at least some of the time) my end table with the Bose and our TV armoire.

Thanks,
Maria

rachelfran
08-03-2002, 04:13 PM
don't count on his own toy to translate ignoring your things... i've found that whenever i get something for my son - with that idea in mind, it doesn't work - I got him the FP Table and although sometimes he throws the blocks around - he never plays with it! I'm glad i bought it on ebay second hand.

suzska
08-04-2002, 08:50 AM
I agree with Rachel. We bought Evan a toy phone hoping he would leave ours alone. Nope, he likes the black phone (which we have to put up high each morning) and answering machine much better than his brightly colored phone that plays songs and counts. ;-) Evan loves to "leave memos" on the answering machine--not that he knows what he's doing, but he pushes the right combination of buttons to start recording a memo.

Sorry I can't help with the Chicco Table. We have the Fisher-Price one, too, and use it as more of a roadblock wedged between the computer armoire and playden to keep him from getting to the TV. He likes to pull the top off and throw it on the floor then make as much noise as possible with the blocks. Evan's favorite thing to stand in front of when he was a lot younger was the Fisher-Price Sparkling Symphony Gym. As soon as he could cruise he would stand and "play" the piano part.