PDA

View Full Version : stacking cups

riostoker
08-10-2002, 12:57 PM
I want to get some stacking cups for my cousin's babies. I went to Walmart today to get them. I thought for certain Walmart would carry them. They didn't have any! Now, before I go out looking elsewhere, I thought I'd check to see who carries them. Does anybody know for sure if Target or Toys R Us carries stacking cups? I don't want to drive all the way out to BRU. I want ones that have about 8-10 cups... not the Sassy brand ones with only 4 cups.

Thanks!

egoldber
08-10-2002, 02:42 PM
My Baby Depot carries a generic kind of stacking cup which has 8 cups in either bright primary colors or pastel colors. They are on the clearance table and are $1. I have 4 sets of these in various colors around the house and she really enjoys them.

Other than that, I have only seen ones like the Sassy cups you've already seen, even at places like TRU, BRU, Target etc.

HTH,

luvbeinmama
08-10-2002, 05:26 PM
I think First Years makes a set of about 8. I've seen them occassionally at TRU, but they do seem hard to find. I think they probably sell fast. Did you try Amazon?

mbenjamin
08-10-2002, 10:02 PM
The best stacking cups are from Discovery Toys. There are 10 of them I believe and they are true in measurement- small cup one = next up cup volume = 3rd up cup, etc. They also have little imprints on the underside of each cup to use with playdough or stamping. I LOVE them. They are called Measure Up Cups and are only available through a Discovery Toys Consultant.

mbenjamin
08-10-2002, 10:04 PM
mistake in typing- The small cup + the next smallest cup = the volume of the third cup and so on. I re read what I wrote after I hit Post message and realized my mistake. sorry!
Michele

suzska
08-10-2002, 10:13 PM
I think the ones we have are from The First Years and there are 5 cups, plus the little penguin that can hide under the cup. We have a set here and at Grandma's. I'm pretty sure I got mine at Wal-Mart. But then mine only have 5 cups and not 8-10. DS likes to play with them in the pool now--there are holes in the bottoms of cups 2-4, and DS likes when you pour water on his head. Not sure where the penguin's gotten to....

egoldber
08-11-2002, 07:10 AM
The ones I got for $1 at Baby Depot also have imprints in the bottom and some of them have holes in the bottom for water play. :)

laura_winckler
08-11-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure that you can still buy the First Years stacking cups without holes in them. Someone somewhere decided that you can get a vacuum with the cup up around your mouth and nose, so you need holes in the cups. I wonder about some of the safety gurus sometimes . . .

Melanie
08-14-2002, 12:41 PM
I saw the First Years set of 8 stacking cups at Rite Aid yesterday.

Good Luck

Mommy to Jonah

tjham
09-06-2002, 11:35 PM
I know this is an old question but in case anyone is still interested - in my area, we have Greenbacks, a dollar store that has good sets of stacking cups for, of course, a dollar!

dodo422
03-09-2003, 04:01 PM
THese are THE BEST stacking cups! Children will start playing with them around 6 months and they'll continue to expand on ways to use them well in to their pre-school years!
:-)
Dawn
[email protected]