PDA

View Full Version : bath seats for newborns

NancyB
08-15-2002, 11:49 AM
I bought the 4 stage system by safety first and my friends say it is too bulky for a new baby and suggestions on a good tub/seat Thanks Nancy

Rachels
08-15-2002, 11:58 AM
I LOVED the EuroBath when my baby was first born. It is huge, but has a contoured seat which holds the baby in place. This was really helpful when I was trying to figure out how to hold her and navigate soap and shampoo also. The EuroBath will hang on a hook behind a door or on a wall, so storage is easier that way. Also, just FYI, Burt's Bees makes a shampoo for babies that comes in a bar. It smells wonderful and is MUCH easier to work with than a bottle.

Andrews Mom
08-15-2002, 06:51 PM
I got the 4-stage seat as a gift and thought it looked great in the box, but when I took it out and started to use it, I hated it! It's huge and hard to snap together. I ended up buying a Saftey 1st bath at Target that I have been MUCH happier with. DS is much happier too. He actually enjoys his bath now instead of screaming through it. By the way, my bath came with a free little pitcher that is great for rinsing. It has a spout like a little shower head. A great perk!

HTH Good luck!

Mindy

egoldber
08-16-2002, 08:23 AM
I had the same tub from Safety 1st and loved it. I used it for 6 months. Then I used a bath ring that I was given. I still use that little pitcher to wash her hair. It is great!

ct
08-16-2002, 01:40 PM
We had the Graco Cuddle Tub and loved it. It has a little sling and a removable 'pillow' for the baby which is great when baby is really small. Then as baby grows and can sit up on her own, you can flip the sling off and use it as a regular tub. Best of luck to you...

ct

suzska
08-18-2002, 08:31 AM
We also have the EuroBath. Evan is 17 months old and we still use it. We store it standing upright between his crib and a tall dresser--we don't have any place to hang it, and this keeps it mostly out of the way for us. I bought a pitcher from Sassy that looks like a fish, and comes with two little "fishy" tub toys. Evan likes to hold onto the fishies--usually one in each hand. I really like the pitcher for wetting and rinsing his hair. We use the tub on the floor in Evan's room. I fill up the basin that we got from the hospital with water from the bathroom sink, and then use that to pour into the tub (about an inch or so of water), then I pour "fresh" water from the basin using the pitcher to wash/rinse his hair. Then we pour what's left straight from the basin to rinse him off when bathtime is over--DH holds him in a standing position. Evan loves to have the water poured over him. Of course this wouldn't work if someone else wasn't there, but I never try to bathe Evan alone--I wouldn't be able to keep in "under control." :-)

k2
08-18-2002, 09:38 AM
We have an Evenflo Newborn Comfort Sling Tub, but we haven't used it yet. Baby will arrive in October.

arthurr43
09-13-2002, 09:32 PM
When we first put Ryan in his safety first bathtub... he hayed it. We went out and purchased a $4 foam insert. Best investment yet. It makes the tub fit him better and we wet the foam first to keeo him warm.. He now loves his baths!!

art

egoldber
09-13-2002, 09:59 PM
A big second to the $4 foam insert! I had a similar experience with my DD. I think she just didn't feel secure in the tub. I added the insert, and it was like she was an entirely different baby at bath time!

HTH,