PDA

View Full Version : Given 2 Bouncy Seats- Which one to keep?

k2
08-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Which one would you keep, which one would you return?

Fisher Price Kick n Play Bouncer (use until baby sits up on own)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/baby/B00005QI1G/qid=1029684601/br=1-1/ref=br_lf_ba_1/102-0607748-6306534

or

Combi Deluxe Activity Rocker (up to 25 pounds)
http://www.rightstart.com/global/store/product_detail.cfm?TID=03660902082914470218086945&Site=baby&rs_section=Nursery&category=Bouncers%2FSwings&GroupID=1846856&GroupTP=Model

Thanks!

vivianm
08-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Our son loved his Kick 'n Play Bouncer. I haven't seen the Combi rocker in action, so I don't know whether it also has this feature, but one thing we liked about the Fisher Price model was the option to remove the toy bar. Our son would get over-stimulated by the toy bar and it was nice to switch the bouncer's function from toy to chair and back again. We contemplated buying the Combi rocker once he could sit up on his own, but were very glad we didn't - soon after he began to sit up he was on to rolling everywhere and scooting and crawling, etc. and wouldn't have tolerated being stationary for more than 5 minutes at a time - it would have been a waste of money. My advice is to leave the weight limit out of the decision and choose based on the seat whose features appeal to you the most.

jlcana
08-27-2002, 09:41 AM
We have the FP Kick'n'Play and love it! Son is now 5 months old, he loved this bouncy seat and kicked all the time! He now hates to sit down, always wants to stand up and has very strong legs. We think its due to all the kicking he did in the bouncy seat. We now use the seat as a feeding chair as we have started feeding him solids(with the toy bar off), it seems to be at a good recline for feeding until we buy a high chair. Also, we have started sitting him up in the seat and put his hands on the outside of the toy bar so he can practice sitting up and balancing himself. This is not a recommended use by FP and should only be done with supervision! He loves to sit up in the seat and stare at himself in the mirror toy on the toy bar. Finally, I have washed the seat cover in the washing machine and it still comes out looking new after 5 months!
The Combi seat looks neat also, but it came out after we had used ours.

Good Luck!

Jaybird
08-27-2002, 09:55 AM
I'll give a third "Yes" for the Kick N' Play. My son and every baby at his school loves this seat. I like how the seat cradles his head more than the other seat I have. Also, there's no question that he loves kicking the pads and seeing the lights. The other nice part is that the toy bar is very amusing even for younger babies, so you can use it right away and it can grow with your child.

Sarah

schums
08-27-2002, 11:56 AM
One final vote for the Kick n Play. This seat is bigger than most so longer babies can stay in it until they developmentally outgrow it. My baby was almost 24" at birth, so I know of which I speak!

Sarah