PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please on Diaper DEkor

cmcostain
08-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Does anyone own one of these(Diaper Dekor) or can anyone offer advice on this diaper pail. Is it better/ or as good as a diaper genie?

Thanks in advance,
Christina

22tango
08-20-2002, 03:22 PM
We just got one in preparation for our baby (due Oct 3rd). I can't tell you how well it holds odors, etc... (yet), but I can tell you that I like that it will hold many more diapers than the other brands. Although that can be a bit confusing...you need to empty it after about 30 diapers, but the liners hold up to 480. That is, you pull down the diaper filled bag and cut it off to tie, and tie a new knot in the end of the liner. One liner, then should last thru 16 fills. (This is for the regular Dekor, the Dekor+ is larger and holds more.) There is a built in bag "cutter" inside the door (which locks for safety.)

I like that the liners are scented, and the Dekor looks nice and can be converted into a regular waste basket later. Of course, it may be possible to get a "whiff" of the diapers when dropping one in, but since you don't have to do much but pop the top with the foot pedal and drop, it wouldn't be much (I imagine.) I also like the idea that if I decide to try something like cloth diapers, it would be easier to use than a diaper pail where each diaper needed to be separated out from the "sausage".

Maybe someone who has oe in use can tell us more???