PDA

View Full Version : ISO "Millie the Milipede"

Melanie
08-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Can you help? I can't find one anywhere and my son lost his at a shopping center last week. I checked every store we went to and someone must have just kept it. Now, I can't find this toy ANYWHERE to buy a new one.

It's by Kids II and is black,white, red with squeakers and crinkly parts. They have something similiar at Target, but it's a dog.

Has anyone seen millie? I'm looking for the full-sized one, but if you've seen the mini one anywhere, I will call to see if they have the full-sized one too!

Thank you!!

Mommy to Jonah

webma
09-02-2002, 12:45 PM
http://www.babygiftsetc.com/cat6_1.htm

Try this site.

suzska
09-02-2002, 08:40 PM
The one that's pictured at that site (the red/black/white one), I'm sure I got at Toy's R Us.

Shirale
09-03-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw that (at least the small one) at Buy Buy Baby in Paramus NJ....don't know if that helps at all!

sophiesmom
09-04-2002, 08:14 AM
I bought a colored full sized Millie at Babies R Us last year... Good luck!

Melanie
09-04-2002, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone, I checked that site and Buy Buy Baby's to no avail. Ours also came from BRU last September. Kids II was no help, only say that it's been discontinued.

Please let me know if you see one! It's the full-sized B&W one.

Mommy to Jonah

starrynight
09-05-2002, 01:24 PM
The downside to it being discontinued is that it will be hard to find. But look at some consignment shops on occasion the one near me gets new toys and sometimes she gets the stuff that is discontinued. Also see if there are any toy liquidators in your area, again they get the discontinued stuff. Good luck!

KathyO
09-05-2002, 09:16 PM
So, to clarify, is the black, white and red critter on the page at http://www.babygiftsetc.com/cat6_1.htm the thing you're looking for?

Because if so, I can get one locally here. Let me know!

HTH,

KathyO

tarheelmom
09-05-2002, 09:40 PM
If what Kathy is referring to is "Millie", here is a link for what I think is a full-sized one.

http://www.asmartbaby.com/dispalkidii.html

Also, I saw a full sized color Millie on another site. Unfortunately, no black and white one! If you want that site, just let me know!

Good luck!!

colinml
09-20-2002, 09:14 PM
I just bought one like the one in your picture at BRU in Albuquerque, NM...about three weeks ago.
-Colin

Melanie
09-21-2002, 12:46 AM
WOW! I wonder if BRU order between stores? If you still have the receipt or tags, would you mind posting their SKU?

Good to know, thanks for the glimmer of hope for my little guy's favorite toy!

Mommy to Jonah

jojo2324
09-21-2002, 07:41 AM
They can order from specific stores...I was unable to buy a Carter's Emu mobile online from BRU; they said it was sold out. I then called the national number and tried to order from them and they said the same. I had just seen the mobile at our local BRU (local = 1.5 hours, so not really worth driving) and told them so. With the location of the store she was able to place the order herself and I got my mobile within a week.

colinml
09-21-2002, 04:53 PM
The number on my receipt (This inspired me to buy a "spare" myself.) is 087125. There were three left on the shelf as of Saturday afternoon.

Good Luck,
Colin

Melanie
09-23-2002, 06:20 PM
Thank you! Dh tried the nat'l # this weekend and they told him it was a 'store only' item and they couldn't order from a specific store, but I'm going to try again, sometimes it depends who you talk to. They also told him that stores cannot ship to people. So I'm going to try calling around and seeing if any other driving-distance stores have them and if not, maybe they can do intra-store transfers...?

Thanks again!

Mommy to Jonah

mama2be
09-25-2002, 11:26 AM
bless your heart ...if I lived near that store I would drive and go get you one...please keep us posted...:)

I just called several stores to no avail here in Raleigh...one did have the "colored" Millie, could you not do some big dramatic "event" where you put millie in a sac or a pillow case and claimed she was in her cocoon getting "pretty" and then out comes millie in her pretty colors...same millie jsut a different stage of life...maybe...desperate attempt but maybe you can make it fun that way...

Kate888
10-05-2002, 05:23 PM
Hi Melanie,

Good news! I've been searching for Millie for you and finally found it at FAO Schwarz :) I picked one up in case you still need it. If you're interested, please let me know. If not, I'll just return it.

BTW, it's black/white/red and full size.

Kate

Melanie
10-05-2002, 05:57 PM
OMG YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I didn't even think of FAO Schwartz, but the nearest one is a quite far from here. Thank you thank you!! YES we want it! I think your PM's OR profile is turned off b/c I can't find you in the list to PM you with my private email address so we can work out the details. Can you PM me with your email address?

Thank you! thank you! thank you!

>Hi Melanie,
>
>Good news! I've been searching for Millie for you and
>finally found it at FAO Schwarz :) I picked one up in case
>you still need it. If you're interested, please let me
>know. If not, I'll just return it.
>
>BTW, it's black/white/red and full size.
>
>Kate

Mommy to Jonah

Kate888
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
You're welcome! Glad I can help. Actually, I was SO excited when the salesperson told me they had two left (had to describe what Millie looked like cause they had no idea what it is)! I sent my email address to your private box. If you didn't see it, please let me know.

Kate

mama2be
10-05-2002, 08:20 PM
I'm happy for you guys...I've been thinking about little Millie and was on the search for you too!!!

Congrats!!!

Melanie
08-25-2003, 11:05 PM
No to both of you, but thank you. They have those critters at our Target. It's looks more like the Pastel one on Kathy's link. I found a color one at two sites in australia and new zealand, funny enough.
I will attach a photo of ours... I'm sad that someone kept it. :(

Thanks again for your help.

Mommy to Jonah
Mommy to Jonah