PDA

View Full Version : Playtex Or Avent Disposable Bottles

KimberleyDawn
09-12-2002, 02:31 PM
I like the disposable bottles and was hoping to get some feedback as to which bottle people liked or didn't like.
Kim
P.S.
I'm not bf if that makes a difference as to why people went with a certain brand.

egoldber
09-12-2002, 03:10 PM
Personally, I would use the cheapest one that your baby will take. If you're not breastfeeding, then Avent has no particular advantage over anything else. Unless you baby is colicky or has gas problems, go with the cheapest that works. I personally used the J&J Healthflow disposables and they worked great for us. I would buy 2 or 3 different bottles and see what happens. I used all types of liners (Healthflow, Playtex, Avent, etc.) with success in my Healthflow bottles, so I think that the liners are pretty interchangeable.

HTH,

KimberleyDawn
09-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Beth,
Do you know a specific website that I can see the Healthflow bottles (for some reason I can't find a good site)?
Kim

egoldber
09-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Look at this site at the bottom left: http://www.babies-n-such.com/b/Bottle_Feeding/index2.htm

J&J actually sold the Healthflow line of bottles and nipples to Munchkin Baby Products a few months ago. For awhile, these products were hard to find (although many stores still have them). I have justed started seeing them again in stores under the Munchkin brand name and referred to just as Healthflow, not J&J Healthflow.

I am personally fond of angled bottles. These disposables standup straight for filling and then twist to an angled position for feeding.

HTH,

candybomiller
09-12-2002, 08:55 PM
We tried EVERYTHING on the market, and ds was happy with the J&J healthflow, for about a month. Then we switched to the playtex disposables. I love these. Ds hated the avent, dr. brown's, maws, evenflow, etc.

HTH.
Candy
-SAHM to Matthew Nicholas, born 5/22/02

Actormom
09-18-2002, 09:00 AM
I think Playtex are the best option. They are the most readily available of all the disposables. The liners are all interchangeable. They make several nipple options. We use the ortho nipple or the new clear silicone nipple for the Playtex. We were using The Gerber new Traditions and the Avent bottles until gas become an issue. I then tried the Playtex and she loves them. (4.5 mos) As a bonus, I just called Playtex customer service with a question yesterday and they were so good I was shocked! They are sending me free lids that I have lost and I am very happy with the customer service. Whatever you decide, don't buy too many of any one thing. This is my sixth baby and I used regular bottles with clear ortho nipples for the first five. This baby has been thru so many bottles I can't count! You just never know!!