PDA

View Full Version : DS has outgrown his infant tub !

mediamaven
09-16-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone!

My little one has outgrown his tub and I'm not quite sure what the best thing is to use in our regular bathtub. I've seen bath seats and inflatable tubs that fit in the bathtub. What do you recommend? Can you wash your baby's diaper area well in a bath seat? I'm also a little worried that a bath seat will squish his private parts! ;-)

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

brubeck
09-16-2002, 08:54 PM
I had one of those 4 stage tubs that had a bath ring attachment and I found that it was too difficult to wash the privates and bottom that way. I also preferred to wash my daughter's hair while she was lying down so as not to get soap in her eyes. She is 22 months now and I am still using a bath sling. This is the wire frame with the stretchy cloth cover you can buy at Toys R Us for about $5. I just put it in the regular bathtub and she lies down on it. It raises her head above the water and she likes stretching out her full length in the tub. After I finish washing her I let her sit up in the tub and play with bath toys under my supervision. It works very well.

megcarlin
09-17-2002, 08:41 AM
I just logged on to ask the same question! My problem is that my ds is only 3 months, so he can't sit up yet. He loves to kick in the water, but he can no longer do so in his infant tub. Any suggestions??

egoldber
09-17-2002, 12:40 PM
You could try the Eurotub (which is really big) or an inflatable tub that goes in a regular bathtub. Or one of those bath slings like someone else suggested. 3 months is too young for a bath ring.

I got a bath ring as a hand me down and I later bought an inflatable tub. I didn't find the bath ring any harder to use (i.e., wash their bottoms) than having the baby sit up in an inflatable tub. You just lift and wash. :) Sarah seems to prefer the inflatable tub. I like it better than having to fill the regular bath tub like you do with the bath ring. But the bath ring was OK too.

HTH,

cara1
09-17-2002, 12:43 PM
Just asked the same thing myself a few weeks ago:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID5/476.html

No, you can't get to their bottom parts when they're in a bath seat. DS (7mos) is doing great in his inflatable tub that I put in our bathtub. He can sit up or lay down, as the fancy strikes him. There's room for rubber duckies, I can lay him down to get to his tushie or rinse his hair. It does have that annoying plastic smell, but it's great overall. Wish I never bothered buying that First years "four stage" thing in the first place. Just a small cheapo plastic tub fir the infant stage would have been fine, because "converting" it into a seat was not helpful. Hope this helps.

Melanie
09-18-2002, 10:45 AM
We really like the inflatable....I think it's called a SnugTub? Anyway, the one with the teal, purple & pink is bigger than the Kids II one. However, we did not use this until Ds could sit up.

Mommy to Jonah

suzska
09-18-2002, 11:45 AM
I have the Eurotub. Yes, it's really big, but has worked well for us so far. I liked that we could use it from the beginning and then just switch to the other end when he could sit up. Now DS likes to stretch out in the tub, and the "post" is getting in his way. I'm thinking of switching to some kind of tub (perhaps the inflatable one) that I can just put in the regular bathtub. Up until now we've just been using the Eurotub on the floor in the nursery. This past week we put it in the regular tub, and filled it up with more water. DS had a great time! Except for that post in the middle. And we got to use the shower "hose," which he loved. I'd rather not put him directly in the regular tub. I'll have to check out the inflatable ones!

LImom
09-19-2002, 07:31 AM
My three and 1/2 month old has also grown out of her tub - I bought a bath sponge at Bru and use that in the big tub. It works well for us. I lay her down on it and she can kick or she sits up while I support her to clean her back and bottom. I will switch to the ring in a month or two when she has better head control and can sit up a bit better. The best thing - it was only a few dollars and I can throw it away when we are through with it! Hope this helps!

Jennifer
mom to Sam(3/28/96), Maeve(7/24/98) and Talulla (5/30/02)