PDA

View Full Version : Fisher-Price has poor customer service

raygivler
09-23-2002, 09:01 AM
I received a Kick & Play Bouncer Seat from Fisher-Price as a shower gift. At best I can give this product 1 star because it did not come with the "base tube", and without it, it is totally unusable. Unfortunately, I did not receive a gift receipt, so I cannot return it to the store. Fisher-Price will not send individual parts and they expect the consumer to pay postage for their mistake. Just say "No" to this product and Fisher-Price. Alternately, warn your friends to give you gift receipts.

mama2be
09-23-2002, 09:12 AM
Have you told their customer service dept that you are active on the message boards and that you would mention their lousy customer service for thousands to see...try that...wonder if it might get you somewhere...they would be stupid if they did not respond to that...

Momof3Labs
09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
What store was it purchased at? Babies R Us and Toys R Us will take back just about anything they sell (even without a receipt, so even if you can't prove it was purchased there) and give you a store credit - so maybe you do still have options.

ct
09-23-2002, 02:05 PM
I agree - don't just assume you can't return something without a receipt. I've returned many things to TRU and BRU without receipts without any problems (as a matter of fact, as long as BRU carries an item, you can return it there, even if it wasn't purchased there - just don't point it out to them :)). Many stores also state that they guarantee their merchandise 'unconditionally' - so I think it is definitely worth a call to the store. And shame on FP for being so stupid. In today's market, one of the main things that sets companies apart is EXCELLENT customer service. Best of luck to you...

ct

jenwyman
09-26-2002, 05:53 PM
In case you made the same mistake as us. We thought the base tube was missing also, but it was actually wrapped up in the seat fabric. Take another look. We almost tried to return ours. I hope you have the same problem.

Jennifer

Rachels
09-27-2002, 07:32 AM
We thought the same thing at first, but found the tube in the fabric. Our daughter LOVES this bouncy seat, and it allows me the chance to take showers because it keeps her busy for 10 minutes. I think it's a great product.

That said, it sounds like FP was horrible to you. And I agree, never EVER give a gift without a receipt. Do try BRU, though. I never have receipts and never have trouble.

-Rachel