PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Healthy Care High Chair -vs- Baby Trend HC???

smomom
09-24-2002, 03:33 PM
I was looking at the FP Healthy Care High Chair at BRU. I like the vinyl seat, removable top tray, price, etc. However..... am I the only person that finds it difficult to remove the tray???? It says it has one-hand removal, but I struggled with 2 hands!! I have looked at 2 BRUs and had the same problem with each store's model. Is this a valid complaint? or user error on my part??

The chair that had a very easy tray to remove was the Baby Trend - however, it has the fabric seat.

Any comments on either high chair? thanks!!

dd_ani
09-24-2002, 05:36 PM
No, you aren't alone. We have the FP healthy care and really like it, but.... Our version of one handed tray removal is to use the side tray-attachments. If you push one side in, you can flip the tray up and the other side will (usually) pop off. Great, unless you have a tray full of mushed bananas and splattered cereal :) I thought that perhaps my hands weren't big enough, but I think it is a design flaw (DH has trouble too).

We do really like the chair, and the one handed removal usually isn't an issue for us because usually we use two hands to remove the tray, put it on the table right next to it, and then grab dd. The restraint system is good, and we are always right by the chair. And the tray is really easy to remove if you use the side-thingys.

Now, if they would only issue an extra pair of hands when they hand over your kid at the hospital....

Michelle

ecarley
09-27-2002, 07:29 AM
We have that chair too, and really like it. As far as the one-handed tray, I think it was a bit stiff when we first got it, and it was difficult to get off. But it's softened up and I never have a problem getting it off. All it takes is a little practice of how to position your hand (it's awkward, I'll admit) and how much you need to push on it.

I say that you don't let this issue scare you away from the FP. It's a fabulous chair, and the price couldn't be better!

LImom
09-27-2002, 06:15 PM
We have the baby trend and love it! The fabric is reversible and you can order an additional cover from baby trend for about $35.00. Fabric is nice because baby doesn't "stick" to seat in hot weather or when dining in diaper alone. Tray removes easily and the recline is great for my 4 month old...I had a Peg for my first two and hated it - the baby trend folds up so easily I can tuck it out of the way with ease! Good luck!

candybomiller
09-27-2002, 07:18 PM
We have the FP healthy care high chair and really like it. I agree that the one had tray removal is sticky at first, but it loosens up and gets easier with practice. We chose this chair because of the excellent reviews at babycenter.com.

Candy
-SAHM to Matthew Nicholas, born 5/22/02