PDA

View Full Version : Combi Rocker/Bouncer - Any thoughts?

mommychic
10-16-2002, 03:17 PM
I saw this recently in the babystyle.com holiday catalog and was thinking it's rather nice. I want something a little more sturdy than the typical bouncers. I was looking at the Chicco Sofa Rocker, which is a beautiful chair, but it does not vibrate. The Combi rocker vibrates and rocks so I thought it would be a nice solution. Plus, it looks really cozy.

I noticed from surfing around, that the regular model without the musical canopy (who really needs a bouncer canopy that allows you to connect to an MP3 player???) is running about $59 compared to the Deluxe Musical version that's about $79 to $89.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Lisa

Kate888
10-16-2002, 04:19 PM
I have the Deluxe Musical version and I totally agree with you that it's not a very functional feature (first time mom, fell in love of the look of it in the Babystyle catalog :)

The rocker is very well made comparing to other bouncers I saw at BRU. The only problem is that the baby won't be able to "rock" it unless it's on smooth floor (e.g. wood) and it doesn't really "rock" much unless you help. So IMO it's more like a bassinet with vibration. However, it was a life saver for us in the first few months, cause DD fell asleep in it much easier than in her crib. The vibration was very soothing to her. Now 8-month, she still loves to sit in it and play with the toy bar. I've seen my friend's baby in a bouncer and he enjoys bouncing up and down, but my Combi rocker can't do that.

I'd recommend the rocker if you want something to sooth the baby. It helped us a LOT when DD was an infant.

Just my 2 cents.

HTH,

Kate

atlmom
10-22-2002, 10:03 PM
We have the Chicco rocker and ds loved it. Strangely, he never liked vibrating bouncy seats. The Chicco is fully adjustable from laying flat to totally upright. It was great when ds was first born because he would sleep in it. Now I use it to sit him up when I'm feeding him. The friend who gave it to me says her son loved to rock himself when he became old enough. The best thing about the Chicco is the handles. DS would fall asleep in one room and it was so easy to pick up the whole chair and move it as we moved. This was a lifesaver for the first few months.