PDA

View Full Version : Will the Medela Pump In Style Breast Pump work with Avent Bottles?

LittleApple
10-21-2002, 02:30 PM
Will the Medela PIS work with Avent bottles or do I need to get some
sort of converter?

I looked through the archive to see if this had been asked and came up with nothing, so apologies if this has been asked before...

Thanks in advance,
Wendy:)

daisymommy
10-21-2002, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure about the Medela PIS, but I do know that Avent makes an adapter to fit their bottles onto other breast pumps. It is found along with the other Avent bottles and supplys at Babies-R-Us.

HTH

Karenn
10-21-2002, 04:38 PM
You can't pump directly into an avent bottle. I've never heard of a converter, but there might be one out there.
What I did was either:
1. Pump into the Medela bottles and pour it into the avent.
2. Pump into the Medela storage bags and pour it into the avent.

If you're looking for a pump to go with Avent bottles, I have the Avent Isis (as well as the Pump in Style.) I really like the Isis in that it is more comfortable, and I do usually get more milk with it. It just takes a bit more work because it's not electric. Also, you also can only do one side at a time with the Isis. I usually use my Pump In Style out of pure laziness! (Also, I'm a stay at home mom so I'm not pumping nearly as often, and it's not as crucial for me as it is for many people.)

That's more info than you asked for, but I hope it helps you anyway!

Karen

blnony
10-21-2002, 05:57 PM
There is an adapter for the PIS and Avent bottles. I bought two online a few months ago. Go to http://www.transitionsinc.com. They are about ten dollars each. If you double pump you will need two.

LittleApple
10-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the advice! I will get them right away!

Wendy

Gagesmom
10-26-2002, 05:25 PM
It is REALLY not difficult to just pour the milk into the bottles and/or bags that you wish to store the milk into. It REALLY isn't, trust me!!!!!!! You don't need to buy a converter at all-just pump into the bottles that come with the pump and pour the milk into whatever you wish to store it in-bottle or bag. That way you can also store different amounts of milk- you'll want some that are 2, 4, 6, 8 oz-etc. That way less milk is wasted since babies take different amounts at different times.

littlecindy
02-08-2008, 03:50 PM
DS would only take avent nipples. but i found this adaptor / conversion kit that would make my medela pump in style PIS work with avent products:

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp149884_333181_sespider/philips_avent/breast_pump_conversion_kit.htm

i didn't want to use the avent bottles because of the BPA issue, so i'm using their via "disposable" containers instead:

http://www.aventamerica.com/products/disposablefeeding.asp

it's been GREAT. use the one piece adaptor, pump right into the via containers, put the lid on and bring to daycare. the she just uses the nipple with another adaptor (comes with the via kit) and there's his bottle!

only thing i don't like is the VIA containers can leak if you're not careful about putting the lid on just right.