PDA

View Full Version : Pumping directly into bags with PIS?

spu
10-22-2002, 08:22 AM
How do you pump into storage bags with the Medela Pump in Style? Do you just attach a bag to the pump and hold it with a twistie? or do you put the bag into a bottle and pump that way? at night or on the road, I'd love to pump directly into bags.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte & else

Karenn
10-22-2002, 10:04 AM
I just attached the bag with the twistie and it worked great.
Karen

MinnieMouse
10-22-2002, 10:13 AM
I found that the markings on the bags and the markings on the bottles varied wildly. So I pumped into the bottle...the medela storage ones that came with the pump and the free evenflo ones I got from the hospital...and transported the milk home in them. Every night I balanced out my daily pumping....measuring the amounts in the bottles...then transferred them to Gerber milk storage bags...which were worth every penny I spent on them!

I pumped too close to exactly what dd drank every day to mess around with estimating what was in the bottles do do anything differently.

HTH

Christine

cara1
10-23-2002, 08:04 AM
Don't bother. I found it too awkward and difficult. Once you're done pumping, you can't put it down because it will spill. I just pumped into the bottles and poured it into the bags after. Much easier. And I like the Gerber seal-n-go bags.