PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a toy that projects a light show on ceiling

nigele
10-24-2002, 11:48 AM
This may be long shot, but I am in search of some sort of crib toy that projects a light show on the ceiling. It must also have a remote control so I can start in from outside DS's room. I know there is a baby monitor that does this but I already have a monitor.

Thank you!

cara1
10-24-2002, 12:21 PM
I don't have it, but is this what you're looking for?
http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babyu/product.asp?s=buss&id=9947

nigele
10-24-2002, 01:47 PM
Thank you so much! I already have a mobile, but this can be used on a flat surface as well.

mama2be
10-24-2002, 08:39 PM
there is soemthing that I have seen (in pics not IRL) that is placed on a table and it is domed shaped I believe that does this...I will look thru my files and see if I can find it. I do know there is soemthing out there, but do not know what images it shoots up etc..

If I find it I'll post back:)

Annette_C
11-01-2002, 07:41 PM
I have the Fisher Price Soothing Dreams monitor that has all of the features you are looking for: remote control and light show on ceiling. In addition, it has music and intercom. It costs about $50.
I know you said that you already have a monitor but this is the only toy I've seen with those features.
HTH
Annette :)
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mommychic
11-01-2002, 08:59 PM
Annette,

How's the monitor's quality? I was interested in that model but worried with too much going on the quality of each feature might not be as good. I'm now considering the vibrating monitor, but for $10 more, the one you have might be worth it.

Thanks,
Lisa

Annette_C
11-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Lisa,
We've been lucky with the monitor and have had no problems. I know a lot of people here were complaining on the quality of the sound, etc. but, again, it's been working fine for us.
It will probably depend on where you live and how much interference there is in your vicinity. We live in a quiet, small, CT town and, in my humble opinion, I believe that's the reason why we've had no problems.
My DD likes the light show very much (she's 4 mo. old) and the intercom is a lifesaver when you need an extra pair of hands!
Annette :)
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mommychic
11-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks Annette!

I was just reading reviews about the monitor on babycenterstore.com and 7 out of 8 people complained more about the volumn of the music being too loud more than complaining about the actual monitor's reception. They said it actually startles (sp) the baby it's so loud. I love the features, but I live in a 250 unit apt building in NYC. My neighbors would be banging on my door if that is really loud past 11pm. Plus, I'm thinking I might need the 900mhz since we have so many neighbors around us.

I also went to the fisher price site and noticed that the vibrating one is the only one available with 900mhz.

I'm happy it's working for you. Must be due to your quaint CT town (very envious!! :)) It has really nice features! Oh, well. My apt is only 1,800 sq ft. I'll probably hear the baby regardless of what monitor we go with!

Thanks anyway for your quick response!
Lisa